Tuesday, November 6, 2007

My Children Think They Are Rhinos!!!

Apparently, my children think they are rhinoceros...rhinoceroses......rhinoceri..?? What the hey is the plural form of that word??? Let's just go with Rhinos!!

The other day we were all sitting in the family room and I saw a mosquito flying around. ICk! I hate those little disease infested pests. Actually,they aren't so little here. They thrive on the warm temps and during rainy season they are EVERYWHERE!!! Including my family room and I swear they grow to the size of your head!!!! And I am one of those people that they seem to LOVE. I read once that they are more attracted to certain people's body odor (I promise I use deodorant and shower regularly!!!)and unfortunately I passed the "MMMMMMMMMM!! You smell scrum-diddly-umptious!" gene on to my oldest child. Sorry Mikaily. We always end up with 10 times more bites than anyone else. So anyways. I was like "UGH!! I see a freakin' (that's my version of swearing) mosquito!!!!" Before I knew it, Kyle was like "AHHH!! Don't let it bite my little cutie!!" (that is what he calls Alaina, the baby)

They ran over to her and started to "circle the wagons." It made me think of a crash (Did you know that is what a group of rhinos is called?? I know, impressive, right??) of rhinos circling their babies when they sense a threat. It was so sweet.

So, being a true blogger, I grabbed my camera and snapped a picture. That was, of course, after I smashed the smithereens out of the stupid mosquito.

10 comments:

Family Adventure said...

Valarie, that picture is just precious. How sweet that they think to protect their little sister!
Quick - bottle that up for the teenage years!

Heidi :)

familymclean said...

Awww, what a great blog, I just kept reading and reading. The 'boob' post. Too funny. I also havee two boob kids, now i am afraid of the future!

Leah said...

awww, sibling LOVE. It's a rarity around my house, seems like, so it's nice to see it in other people's houses, at least!

I'm sorry you've got the "mmmm" factor going on. My oldest gets welts 2-3 inches diameter and at least 1/4 inch tall when she gets bit. And they ooze for two weeks, then scar, even if we keep them covered so she can't scratch. (the scars eventually fade, after several months) sigh...

Kellan said...

Cute picture! You know way more about Rhinos than I do - cute post. See ya.

Anonymous said...

Aaaah, what good big brothers and sister they are!

By the way, I love that you call them psychos in your header/description. he he.

onthegomom said...

I love the "protector" picture. My middle son is highly protective of his younger sister, they are 14 and 10 and it's still true, makes my heart melt.

I am one of the lucky ones that doesn't get bit by mosquitos. I have probably had less than 5 bites in my life. My oldest son on the other hand gets bit by anything within a mile radious of our home. They seek him out and bit the heck out of him!

http://momoftheyear-not.blogspot.com/

Karen MEG said...

Oh your kids are so cute!
I am also a mosquito magnet - absolutely hate them. Even if there are none around, they manage to find me. I always have a gazillion bites when everyone else has nada. My husband says the best repellent is to stand next to me. Thanks, guy.

the dragonfly said...

How precious!

Thanks for visiting my blog. :)

girlymom said...

cracks me up that you grabbed the camara!! Even funnier that you related your children to rhinos and that you actually knew all the rhino world lingo!! Props for that!

Maggie said...

Adorable! The baby looks so happy!