Sunday, November 11, 2007

8 Random Things About Me

I was tagged by BALDWINS GIRL to do a meme. I normally try to avoid these things because it seems like once you do one you get sucked into some sort of meme vortex. But, since there seems to be a decent number of new people reading my blog that don't know a whole lot about me, I figured it might be fun to share some extra little things about myself.


Here are the rules. When tagged, you must link to the person who tagged you. Then post the rules before your list, and list eight random things about yourself. At the end of the post, you must tag and link to eight other people. So, here goes...

8 random things about me:

1. I am related to Lady Godiva. Maybe that is why my children think we live in a nudist colony and run around without any clothes on all the time!

2. I refuse to watch the movie The Princess Bride because it gives me nightmares. My name is NOT Inigo Mantoya. I did NOT kill your father. Please DON'T prepare to die!!

3. When I was a teenager I punched my BFF while we were camping. I don't remember exactly why. Probably because I was a teenage girl and I was camping.

4. I was 20 when I had my first child. She was 2 months early and we thought we might lose her. She was diagnosed with Cerebral Palsy when she was 2 and wears a brace on her right leg and to me, she is perfect.

5. I hate fish. I despise them. I don't swim with them. I don't cook them. I won't eat them. I don't even like to talk about them. I avoid bridges because if the bridge collapses and I survive, I will have to swim amongst the fish to get to safety. Ick!

6. When I was a child everyone at school called me "Val." One of the boys in my 3rd grade class decided it would be funny if, instead of calling me "Vowel," he called me "Consonant." It stuck and up until the day we graduated high school that is what he called me.

7. I have never had an alcoholic drink. Ever. (Don't bother to comment and ask if I have tried a sip of this or a taste of that. I haven't. )

8. I LOVE to make others laugh, but I'm content if I just make myself chuckle. :)


Ok, so now I am going to tag 8 others. Some I know well, some not so much. Do it if you like. (The names are linked even though you can't tell. The links show up in blue and that is the color of my background)


1. Hey, It's Jude
2. Burnt Cookies
3. The Life Of Tracy
4. My 5 Little Monkeys
5. The Cochran Clan
6. Mom Of The Year...Not
7. Life Needs A Hefty Bag
8. Anyone else who has some random facts they feel like sharing!!

6 comments:

Family Adventure said...

Good meme! I didn't realize that your first was a premie. I'm glad she is doing so well now :)

Heidi

Be Inspired Always said...

Great post :)


My second was a premie. He weighed 3lbs 6 oz. You would never know it now by looking at him.



Jillian

Lucille said...

Loved it!

Thanks for sharing.

:)

Autumn said...

Nice info! I didn't know that about your daughter. And you're one young mama. Go girl. My mind is wandering wondering who the lucky BFF is-I'm thinking of 2 peeps. And PB? That giant is pretty scary too.

Kellan said...

I love learning these random things about people - the Lady Godiva thing is wild and the fish thing - a little quirky, but interesting! Thanks for sharing.

Unknown said...

Thanks for tagging me. It was kinda fun to thing of things except I realized I am not a very interesting person. It took me forever to come up with 8 things. My husband had to help me. How sad is that?!

It was fun to read about you thanks for the info. Your oldest is just beautiful, glad she is well now.

Christina