Tuesday, November 13, 2007

The Easy Way Out

I am trying to keep up with this NaBloPoMo thing, but I currently have 3 sick children and I am running on about 4 hours of sleep. So, I decided to take the easy way out and just post a few of my favorite quotes. Read them all, just skim them, or don't read any. I am going to bed now!

"The hardest years in life are those between ten and seventy." -Helen Hayes

"I refuse to think of them as chin hairs. I think of them as stray eyebrows." -Janette Barber

My second favorite household chore is ironing. My first being hitting my head on the top bunk bed until I faint." -Erma Bombeck

"A man's got to do what a man's got to do. A woman must do what he can't." -Rhonda Hansome

"I'm not going to vacuum 'til Sears makes one you can ride on."
-Roseanne Barr

"I'm not offended by all the dumb blonde jokes because I know I'm not dumb....and I'm also not blonde." -Dolly Parton

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll just have to be a horrible warning." -Catherine Aird

"Mothers of teenagers know why animals eat their young." - Author Unknown

"I want my children to have all the things I couldn't afford. Then I want to move in with them." - Phyllis Diller

"My mother's menu consisted of two choices: Take it or leave it." -Buddy Hackett

"You don't really understand human nature unless you know why a child on a merry-go-round will wave at his parents every time around - and why his parents will always wave back." -William D. Tammeus.

"Raising kids is part joy and part guerilla warfare." -Ed Asner

"People who say they sleep like babies usually don't have them." -Leo J. Burke

"One thing they never tell you about child raising is that for the rest of your life, at the drop of a hat, you are expected to know your child's name and how old he or she is." -Erma Bombeck

9 comments:

~Jenifer~ said...

Hey just wanted to stop by after you were the first yes the first to visit my blog. I was scrolling down through some of your post and read that your kids enjoy wall art as well it just so happens that the only marker that my 3 yr old finds is always a black or purple sharpie. Let me tell you those magic erasers are well MAGIC..
Hope to hear from you again soon:o}

~Jenifer~ said...

also can you tell me how to fix it so that i have to approve the comments can't figure that out. Thanks

Anonymous said...

I just found your blog today and went back and read allll your posts. I absolutely loooovvveee your writings. Keep it up. Your baby is precious as the rest of your kiddos.

Autumn said...

Great quotes-hilarious, I might have to share them myself. what is NaBloPoMo??

Valarie said...

Thanks Autumn. I have lots and lots of good quotes if ya ever need one! :)
NaBloPoMo stands for National Blog Posting Month. It is a month long writing exercise during which bloggers are trying to post something on their blog everyday. If I make it through tomorrow I will have made it half way! :)

Leah said...

OMIGOSH, HILARIOUS! That was laugh out loud fun, thank you! Even on only four hours of sleep, you're creative and fun. WOW

Unknown said...

Sorry to hear your kids or sick, that is no fun. Thanks for the quotes. Have a good nap

Christina

Kelly said...

Quotes are always good! I love the Ed Asner one!

Jennifer said...

I love all the quotes!! Thank you for the laugh!
~Jennifer