Saturday, November 24, 2007

Don't Worry Baby! I'll Save You!

As many of you read HERE (that's a link even though you can't tell) my children are very protective of their baby sister. Well, yesterday my family finally saw Ratatouille for the first time. It was actually a pretty cute movie.

Last night, right after we had put Kyle to bed, we heard him calling
"Daddy! Daaaaaaddy!! Will Ratatouille come and get me while I am asleep tonight??" Haha. We found this amusing. We explained to him that it was a movie and that we had no rats in the house and he would be fine. (I neglected to tell him that it was, indeed, very possible for rats to come into the house. I didn't want to freak myself out too much either!)

So then, this morning the kids were all in the family room doing Bella Dancerella (A dancing "game" of sorts. And YES, even my boys do it. Kyle is actually pretty excellent at it!) and I was in the kitchen making breakfast. I looked up and saw Kyle frantically grabbing the pieces of cardboard that had come out of my box of beautiful pans that I had acquired yesterday (seriously, these pans are sooooo amazing!). Evan was standing over by Alaina and had our little pair of yellow binoculars out. I watched for a minute to see exactly what the two of them were doing. Kyle would grab a piece of cardboard and run it over and set it up near Alaina, who was sitting in her bumbo seat (Yes, I know they were recalled. Don't worry, it's been taken care of!). I think he actually broke a sweat running all over like a little mad man. Eventually he had an entire wall set up around her.

Evan sat there beside her peering through the little yellow binoculars. Finally, I asked "Hey you cute little psychos. What in the world are you doing??"

Kyle's reply was priceless. "I don't want any Ratatouilles to come bite her tiny toes off, so I gave her a wall to keep him away." And then Evan added "Yeah, and I'm watching so I can yell if he comes here. Because I am a big boy" (He is in the "OBSESSED with proving to everyone that I am a big boy" phase right now).

Ok, well, I guess that makes perfect sense to me. Alaina sure did seem to be enjoying herself, so I went about my business and let them keep on keepin' on.

It is nice to know that they love her and want to take care of her...well, at least in between their assassination attempts, that is.

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Way cute!! I love when big brothers protect little sisters. It is sweet. She sure looked like she was enjoying it too!!

Christina

desirae said...

This post was so cute. When she gets of age to have dates, boys better watch out, because it looks like when it comes down to it, her brothers are in the business of watching out for her.. Too cute...

the dragonfly said...

Precious!

I don't think I was ever protective of my little brother. Mostly I woke him up when he was asleep and things like that. :)

Leah said...

SO SWEET! My mom was really hoping for a boy first, and then a girl, so there'd be a protective older brother for the little sister. Alas, she got the girl first, and I don't think I was overly protective of my little brother...LOL

Kari said...

Oh my gosh! That is too funny! Cute boys. We watched Ratatoulle the other night for the first time and I to was trying not to gross myself out too badly as we recently had a small mouse infestation. YUCK!!! But it has now been taken care of. Thank goodness!

onthegomom said...

Oh that is so cute! How sweet of her brothers to want to protect her so much! Like Desirae said, just wait until she wants to date!

ummmhello said...

That's just darling! They're saving her little toes! It'll be a great story to share later :)