Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Kids Say The Darndest Things

I was reading another blog about the funny things our children say. It reminded me of something funny my little Kyle said last year. He was not quite to his 4th birthday at the time.

We go to church. Our children go to their classes each Sunday and are taught many lessons....including those about The Father, Son, and Holy Ghost. Most of the time, if asked a question about what they have learned, the answer is "I dunno." So, sometimes we wonder if they are actually listening to ANYTHING that is being taught.

Well, last year my dad went to Colorado to visit my oldest brother and his family. My dad and my brother went out hiking in the mountains early one morning to try and get some photos (both of them are amazing photographers!!). When my dad came back home, he was showing some of the pictures he took to Kyle. They came across a few photos of a mountain goat that they had happened upon on their hike.

Kyle looked at the pictures for a few seconds, and then looking up with his big, beautiful, blue eyes asked, "Mama, is this the holy goat?"

9 comments:

Suburban Correspondent said...

You really never know what exactly they hear when we talk.

Family Adventure said...

See, he was paying attention. He just got a bit confused! :)

Heidi

the dragonfly said...

I love it. Absolutely love it.

:) :) :)

Leah said...

ADORABLE!!

There's a joke out there in cyber space about the son of a priest, out in the backyard burying a dead fish (or something???) and giving a small sermon for the "Service." "And unto the father, and unto the son, and into the hole he goes." (and unto the father, the son, and the holy ghost) LOL!

I LOVE the "out of the mouths of babes" stuff. too cute!

girlymom said...

That is hilarious! I love these stories and the things kids come up with!

Unknown said...

The Holy Goat is one I have never heard before. Too cute!! My kids took the word Holy completly literally!! No dear he is not a ghost woth lots of Holes.

Christina

onthegomom said...

Too Funny! It amazes me how they hear things.

Kellan said...

How precious - holy goat -ACK!

everyday katie said...

Autumn introduced me to your blog a few weeks ago. I say that as a disclaimer so you know I'm not a psycho stalker.

I have peeked at strangers' blogs from time to time, but never thought I could become an avid reader of a blog of someone I don't know. I was wrong. I have found great comfort in your blog. You write how my brain works, I just don't express it as well.

Thanks for entertaining a (non-stalker) perfect stranger like me.