Wednesday, January 2, 2008

New Van, New Year

It seems like the last week has passed by in a blur.

I wrote in the last quickie post that we did end up buying a van this past weekend. We bought a 2006 Chrysler Town and Country. It's silver. To be perfectly honest, it was not my first choice. We had driven a beautiful ice blue Nissan Quest that I had fallen in love with. The car salesidiot wasn't willing to come down much in price though. We wanted them to bring it down $300 more. I can understand why they would say no if we had been asking them to cut the price in half...but when you are talking about spending that amount of money.....seriously... we are asking for $300........they said they were willing to come down $50. We laughed and we walked away from the pretty blue Quest.

So we went to the next dealer and looked at the Town and Country. It doesn't have power sliding doors, which I really wanted...but obviously is something I can live without. It has a DVD player and plenty of room for all 5 car seats. (That's right, we have to be able to fit 5 car seats in.....well, 4 car seats and a booster seat. All four of mine are still in them and then since I watch my niece we have a seat for her....it's a pretty tight squeeze. I actually broke my finger once trying to get them all strapped in....hehe) So after having it for a few days now I do like it...a lot. So here it is.....



We had a great New Years. We decided to go ahead and let the kids try to stay up if they wanted to. We stuck them all in a dark room at like 5:00 on New Years Eve and told them they had to try to take a nap. They did...all 3 of my older ones slept. Even my 7 year old!! My sisters and my husband and I all stayed up super late playing games. It's always better to play board games at 2 in the morning when you are sleep deprived because things seem so much funnier than they really are. Like the word "cow"for example. Say it at noon...not so funny....but say it after you have been awake for 18 hours...F-U-N-N-Y!!

I love laughing. Who doesn't, right?? My siblings and I have all been cursed with the "silent mode" laugh. You know...when you start to giggle....then you laugh....that turns into a belly laugh....then into a howl...then, everything goes silent...you can't breathe....tears begin to well up in your eyes... you have to work to keep from falling over...your stomach muscles begin to burn...you worry you might pee your pants....the laugh that has then been building inside you finally comes bursting out and sounds almost non-human. It's not pretty, but it sure does feel soooo good. We all do it. All of our significant others find it a little odd. We don't care. We can't help it.

My New Years resolution this year was to actually set a REAL resolution. I failed. No resolution set. I will think about it at some point when I have some time....which will probably be in, oh, I'd say May.

13 comments:

Unknown said...

NICE!!!!

no resolutions here either, I mean at some point I have to stop lying to myself. ;)

Kellan said...

That is a B-eautiful van!! Great choice!

I loved your description of laughter with your siblings! It sounds so much like when my sister and brother and I get together - we just love to laugh together, but we don't have the silent laugh - ours are quite loud and obnoxious!!

Happy New Year and see you soon. Kellan

dawn klinge said...

I love that kind of laughing. I'm glad you had a good New Year's eve. We played "Mad Gab" that night- pretty funny.

Unknown said...

Congrats on the new van!! A new car is always fun to get.
I still have yet to set a resolution either, why? It never actually works.
I love laughing like that too, my sisters and sister-in-laws all do that when we get together.

Christina

Family Adventure said...

They wouldn't go down 300 dollars?! Silly people!

I'm glad you had a good New Year's. Did the kids make it 'till midnight??

Heidi :)

Valarie said...

The kids did make it 'til midnight...then they crashed at like 12:06. :)

Cecily R said...

NICE RIDE!

My laugh is huge and loud and obnoxious. Sometimes I like it and other times I am completely embarrassed by it. Still, laughing makes up for all the other crap!

Leah said...

Congrats again on the van!

And if it makes you feel any better, when I laugh really hard, it ends up being a silent laugh as well, with some random weird noises escaping as I desperately try to catch my breath... LOL!

Jillybean said...

Nice van! I would trade automatic doors for a DVD player anytime!
I do the laughing until you can't breathe also, but with the occasional snort. My brother thought it great fun to make me laugh in church. My mom had to sit between us until we were 19 & 23.
If you don't make any resolutions, you don't feel bad when you don't keep them :0)
Jill

onthegomom said...

LOVE THE VAN!!!!!!!!!!

$300!?!?!?!? What a silly little man! DUH!

My sisters and I's laugh is loud and obnoxious... but still have all the other symptoms, stomach muscle pain, trying to not pee our pants, can't breathe, tears... but just LOUD! Our husbands just shake their heads and smile :)

Happy New Year!

One Scrappy Gal said...

Love the new van!! It looks great and I bet it drives like a dream!! :)

One Scrappy Gal said...

P.S. I have a 2006 Chrysler Town and Country too. I tell everyone it's blue but the official color is "Magnesium." :)

Mary said...

Love your new van! I got one just like it in July07. We also looked at the Nissan Quest but the 100 salespeople that were running all over the place wouldn't even acknowledge my existence until my husband came to my side to ask me what I think. They swarmed. That was it. I was done. Apparently women don't have any purchase power at Nissan so we bought the Chrysler and I love love love it!!!