Friday, January 4, 2008

Birthday Meme

LEAH tagged me for a birth month meme. I know you have all probably read a bunch of these by now, so I will try to make this as entertaining as possible.

So I guess the rules are that you list the characteristics that correspond with your birth month and then comment after each on how that characteristic applies..or doesn't...to you. Then, you are supposed to tag 12 (twelve?!? seriously??) others.

So, here goes....I was born in August

Loves to joke Who, me, no...never. I am serious...all the time. I am not sarcastic at all either...not at all...not in the slightest.

Attractive Darn Skippy!!

Suave and caring That's me....Rico Suave....errr, Rico Suave'ette I guess it would be...

Brave and fearless Well, I won't swim in the ocean because a fish might touch me...or a shark might eat me. I won't call the pizza guy on the phone. I won't drive across a bridge because it might collapse and send me spiralling towards the water below (refer to beginning of answer). I check under my van each time I go outside just to make sure there isn't an alligator hiding underneath ready to bite my foot off and I have to RUN up basement steps for fear that, if I move too slow, some sort of boogie man hiding in the creepy basement might come running out and get me. What do you think? Pretty fearless, huh??

Firm and has leadership qualities Ummm, well I am definitely not so firm...especially after have 4 babies...I am actually pretty squishy. Oh, wait...you mean the other kind of firm....

Knows how to console others Yup, my shoulders are constantly soaked with the tears of those I love.

Too generous and egotistic Umm can someone please explain to me why in the world anyone would lump these two words together???

Takes high pride in oneself Well, you would too if you were the most amazing person you had ever met.

Thirsty for praise I dunno. What do you think? Does this blog make my butt look big?

Extraordinary spirit Rah Rah sis boom bah! Go team GO and all that jazz!! *said extraordinarily*

Easily angered What, like you aren't? That's right, I bet you are sooo perfect. Why don't you just..just..just..oh, whatever!

Angry when provoked Especially when people are repetitive and ask me to comment about the SAME character trait twice in a row...

Easily jealous You would be too if your husband was a sexy stud like mine is! :) (Love you babe!!)

Observant Wait, what was the question?

Careful and cautious Uhhhh... Didn't it just say I was brave and fearless?? Sheesh! Make up your mind!

Thinks quickly Then why did it take me like 4 hours to finish this thing??

Independent thoughts I dunno, what do you think?

Loves to lead and to be led That's right....I will lead my children into their bedrooms for nap time and you lead me to the hidden chocolate!! (come on....we all know you have some!)

Loves to dream Heck yeah...because that means I am sleeping!!

Talented in the arts, music and defense Lah Lah Lah! *sang in the most beautiful voice* "To be, or not to be...." *said meaningfully* HHIIIIIyah!!! *yelled as I karate chop the keyboard*

Sensitive but not petty I feel as though I am being repetitive...but how in the heck do these things go together???

Poor resistance against illness and memes alike.....

Learns to relax Ummm, well, the big knot I have in my neck muscles at the end of each day tends to lead me to believe I still need to work on this one.

Hasty and trusty and pasty and busty

Romantic Romantic, scromantic. I have 4 small kids...

Loving and caring I am not so sure my children would agree after the day we just had.....

Loves to make friends especially ones that are rich and like to buy me things. :)

Ok, so I am going to leave the tag open. I know, I know. That is a cop out. But I really don't know of many that would do this that haven't already. So, do it if you want to...or don't. IF you do, you can get the list of birthday month traits from LEAH's site (that's a link). You should check her blog out anyway, if you haven't already. She's pretty funny. :)

12 comments:

Kellan said...

You are so funny!! I loved the dreaming one and the jealous one - too funny - oh yea - and the firm one - HA! Have a good weekend - see you later. Kellan

dawn klinge said...

I love your comments- very funny. It's such a good thing to be able to laugh at oneself.

Cecily R said...

TRULY the best meme I've read in a long time. The peanut gallery comments are awesome!!!!

Family Adventure said...

LOL! This made me giggle.

Heidi :)

Anonymous said...

Reading about your fears was the best! I am totally with you on the fish thing... what if they touch you?! Just the thought of it makes me shiver. ANd the basement stairs... totally agree, must... run... fast

Leah said...

Thanks for playing along Valarie! Great answers, I laughed! I don't know how everyone else on the planet manages to answer with short and sweet (and funny!) answers, while I ramble away and try too hard at humor. ROFL I have a lot to learn, apparently...

~Gretchen~ said...

after following the link over, i must say i think we are the same person. i was 28 until a few weeks ago, i only have three kids, but they are also small and very funny, and i drive a 2004 dodge grand caravan that looks exactly like your 06 T&C....and i also failed to tag anyone for my meme....

chris said...

How do you make such a neat blog. All A know how to do is use the templates they show. Do you design your on or what.
Southern Boy
www.akiscb.blogspot.com

Maria said...

That was interesting about you. I REALLY admire how brave you are. I tagged Leah, so I was glad to see she tagged you.

Valarie said...

Umm, yeah, I just had someone post a comment in Portuguese and I could not for the life of me figure out what it was saying, so 'i have no idea if it was alright to post. So, if you left me a message in portugese and it isn't here nad you want me to post it...please write back again. I won't post anything on here that I don't understand though....

Wonderful World of Weiners said...

Love this - what a great way to get to "know" you better!!

Hallie
http://wonderfulworldofweiners.blogspot.com/

newduck said...

This post cracks me up! I'm definitely adding your blog to my favorites list. Thanks for posting on mine this morning - I love knowing that I'm not actually talking to myself!