Monday, January 21, 2008

Can I Get a Spellcheck, Please??

Last week, I was driving to the mall. I passed a sign that was out in front of a local church. It was one of those signs where they can slide the letters in and write whatever they want to on it. Well, this is what it read:

Has Jesus touched your soul?
Special Massage
Sunday 10am


Hmmmm..Now what kind of church is this exactly?!? I laughed.

I was then driving past the same sign 2 days ago. It read:

Has Jesus touched your soul?
Special Message
Sunday 10am


Ohhhhhh, ok. They just forgot to use spellcheck.

***UPDATE: I have had a couple people email me and tell me they didn't get it, so for those who are getting confused let me help ya out a little. On the drive past the sign the first time the word is spelled "massage," as in a rub down with hot oil. The second time it was spelled "message" as in something important I need to relay to you.***

17 comments:

dawn klinge said...

L.O.L, very funny!

Kellan said...

How cute - I do that - that R somtimes makes all the difference in how the whole sentence sounds, doesn't it? Hope you had a good day Valarie - see you soon. Kellan

Suburban Correspondent said...

You should send that in to the website Crummy Church Signs (google it - I don't know the exact address).

Beth Cotell said...

Bet they would have gotten better attendance if they left the sign they way it was originally posted!

Unknown said...

Sounds like a good way to spend a Sunday to me!

LOL! Too funny

Christina

Cecily R said...

HA!

AT least they got smart and FIXED it!!!

Lucille said...

Which is funnier...the fact that you saw it or that you had to explain it? JUST KIDDING!

I can look at something I've done and NOT see an error to save my life.

Take care,

:)

Family Adventure said...

Heh! I actually find they often have spelling mistakes on those signs out front. But this one was a particularly (in)appropriate one!! :)

Heidi

One Scrappy Gal said...

I was thinking it was a holy ghost touch of some kind :-)Message makes much more sense.

the dragonfly said...

Too funny!

girlymom said...

Oh this is a funny one! Thanks for sharing. I get desert and dessert confused till Hubby told me Dessert had two s's because you want more dessert. Hmmm. Not sure on the logic, but I haven't forgotten it.

Leah said...

that's funny! At least they figured it out!!

We have a dental advertisement sign in our area that says "turn right here" with a left pointing arrow. Cracks me up everytime. LOL

Unknown said...

ha. Love that.

onthegomom said...

That's funny. Too bad you didn't have a camera!

Leah said...

btw, if you want to post up the award I gave you, you can copy it from Kimmy's site: http://talesofablenderkimmy.blogspot.com/2008/01/thank-you.html

I just remembered mine's right-click protected so you weren't able to copy it to your own computer!! sorry!

Heather said...

I think they did not misspell the word the first time, just a play on words that they got tired of trying to explain when people called saying "You spelled message wrong." I thought the first way was pretty neat, as in Jesus would be giving everyone's soul a free massage on Sunday. Everyone could use one of those.

Kathy said...

I agree with Beth, they probably would get better attendance with "massage" than "message" LOL Sometimes I wonder about people...


www.kathy-iamwhoiam.blogspot.com