Sunday, October 7, 2007

Kyle's Birthday.....kind of

So this weekend we celebrated Kyle's brithday. His real birthday isn't until the 15th, but that is the day of Evan's srugery, so most likely we won't be doing a whole lot of celebrating that day. My mom and dad were in town and Drew and Marquesas came too. Kyle really wanted a dinosaur cake. I was a little nervous because when he explained to me what he wanted it was a lot more decorating than I have done in the past. He was very specific and wanted 3 dinosaurs with a tree and some water and he especially wanted a volcano. I love to make cakes that are fun shapes, but my decorating skills are still a little rusty. I didn't want him to be disappointed. He wasn't. I had soooo much fun doing this cake and it turned out really cute.


After I had made the cake Jason found a way to keep the kids busy while we got everything else ready for the party.






He had a great time opening his presents and got some fun stuff.




2 comments:

Autumn said...

How fun!! What a darling cake, and a great reason to celebrate early!

The Cochran Family said...

You did awesome was that all free hand? Is there such thing as stick dinosaurs b/c thats what mine would look like! :)