Thursday, October 18, 2007

Hubert, The Tiny Little Sucker Frog

Today started out with a little adventure. I got up and got my daughter dressed for school. She was in an bad mood, as per her usual. She is not a morning person. Who decided that it would be a good idea to have children have to get up at the butt crack of dawn to go to school? Her bus picks her up at 6:30, so it is still dark dark dark out when we go to the bus stop. The windows were covered in dew, so I rolled down the side windows on the van so I would actually be able to semi-see out them. As I rolled down the passenger side window I see a slimy little frog....let's call him Hubert.....suckered onto the outside of the window. I quickly start to try and roll the window back up before Hubert moves, but inevitably the window is moving slower than an 89 year old lady drives. I tried to cheer the window on.....Go! Go! Go!....in hopes it would close faster, but no such luck. I see the frog start to run....yes, Hubert the little sucker frog can run...and come up and over the edge of the window.

So now Hubert is sitting on the inside of the window as, of course, the slower than anything window comes to a close. This little frog is now sitting on the inside of my van staring at me with it's creepy little eyes. Crap! What do I do now?? I know!! I will just roll the window all the way back down and slowly "bump" him where the window goes down into the door until he jumps out! I am a genius! So I start to roll down the window. The window gets low enough that Hubert touches the door. He runs up a little. It's working. I keep tapping on the window button until the window is all the way down. Crap! Crap crap crap! He didn't jump out.

Now he is just sitting there on my door. I glance at the clock and realize if I can't get this frog out of my car in the next 30 seconds he will be going for his first car ride to the bus stop with us. Luckily my zombie child in the back is pretty much oblivious to what is going on. I don't think she would be too excited about having a frog in the car with us.

So I start scanning the van to see what is within arms reach that I can use to try and push Hubert out and onto the grass. There is nothing. I reach over and into my console for a pen. That would work. Ah ha!! I found one. I grab the pen and slowly lean towards the door. Uh oh! No frog. I looked on the seat to see if he had jumped in. Couldn't see him. I looked on the ceiling and the dashboard and then rechecked the door. No Hubert.

I have no idea what happened to him. I figure one of two things. He jumped out and is living a happy life with a tummy full of yummy bugs OR he jumped into the car and I will most likely come across a tiny, dried up little Hubert body the next time I clean the van out. (Which will mostly not be for a while since I hardly have to time to do things like shower and eat...let alone clean out a car!!)

At least it made the day interesting!! What a lovely way to start out the day! And now I must go and try to conquer Mt. Butchko(aka the laundry pile in the hallway)

0 comments: