Sunday, October 28, 2007

It's Raining, It's Pouring!

Yesterday I decided to let my husband "sleep in" (He had been in Boston on business and his flight home was delayed and he ended up getting home at 3:30 in the morning). I was woken up by a tiny little knee being thrust into my full bladder. Not the most pleasant way to wake up. I got up and dressed and got my children dressed and fed and then decided (after 2 fist fights, a spilled bowl of Lucky Charms, an award winning performance on why my 5 year old deserved a snickers for breakfast, a leaky diaper, and an episode of SpongeBob...the last one was the killer) that I should take them all for a walk so their dad could actually SLEEP in on the morning I was letting him "sleep in."

After fighting with them all to get their shoes on and go to the bathroom (because I didn't want to have to have my 3 year old hide and pee behind the neighbors bushes again)we walked out into the garage to find that it was RAINING! I have no idea how I missed this. So, of course the chorus of whines start. So, what's mom to do in this situation??? There was NO way I was turning around and taking them back inside. So, we went for a walk in the rain. There was no thunder and no lighting and the rain here is warm, so what the heck! I grabbed my umbrella and we took off.

They had fun splashing in the puddles and I had fun waving to all my neighbors, who now knew, without a shadow of a doubt, that I was indeed the crazy lady on the block.

So the best part of the walk was when we walked past one of the houses that had the garage door up and had a large, white truck parked in there. My 5 year old points to the garage and says "OH MY GOSH! They have a truck parked in their house!" The three of them started laughing REALLY hard. It took this a second to register. What was so funny about that?? Then it hit me.....My children had no idea a garage was for a car! Kaily was like "It's so empty. Why don't they have as much stuff as we do??

Hmmmmmm......I guess it is time to clean out the garage, huh??

9 comments:

AnnieC said...

Your mornings start out like this too?!? I thought I was the only one! lol :)

Maggie said...

How funny! Our garage is so crammed that I don't even go in there!

Unknown said...

I love the garage thing, kids say the funniest (and sometimes a little to truthful)things.
So did you hubby appreciate the quiet time?

momtomy5.blogspot.com

Christina

Valarie said...

He did appreciate the quiet time. I am thinking I scored enough points to cash in next weekend so I can "sleep in."

Kellan said...

Victoria - this was hilarious! I really enjoyed this post and imagining you and your children walking in the rain! See ya.

onthegomom said...

LOL over the truck 'in the house'. That is adorable! OHHH the innocence of youth :)

http://momoftheyear-not.blogspot.com/

Maggie said...

Hi. I've left you a Halloween treat on my blog today. Collect it if you want it. I was given it and asked to pass it on.
Enjoy

Family Adventure said...

That is hilarious! We still have space for cars in our garage, but it's a constant battle. A battle, I tell ya!

BTW, I love walking in the rain. And I think it's the best thing for the kids, too. But everyone around me thinks I'm crazy, too.

I hope your husband appreciated sleeping in :)

- Heidi

Dragonstar said...

Oh how I remember the knee-in-the-full-bladder days. Some times I used to wonder how we ever managed time to have numbers 2, 3, 4, + 5. I think you've just convinced me there are worse things than growing old!
Thanks for dropping by, and do join the PhotoHunt - finding a suitable pic can strain your brain (classic? No ideas yet!) but it's great fun just the same.