Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Hodge Podge

Wow. It's been a full week since I have blogged. I dunno if it is because I have been so busy, or because I haven't had the brain power that it takes to come up with something interesting enough that all you lovely people would actually enjoy reading.

Mikaily has been sick......again. It's her asthma this time. She is now all hopped up on meds. Geez-laweez. That child is a handful when she is her normal self, let alone when you pump her full of steroids and albuterol. It's kinda like living with the energizer bunny on crack. I believe she is currently the perfect example of why some animals eat their young.

Since Mikaily has been home all week, that left me dragging all four of mine, plus my niece, out every time we had to go anywhere. I noticed people staring at us when we would all pile out of the van in the parking lot. I imagine it looks a little like the plethora of clowns that come flopping out of their tiny car at the circus.

Kyle gave me a lecture today. He says we need to be using "green bags." Yup, he informed me that if we use these special green bags to put our fruits and vegetables in, they would last for 18 days. That means they won't go rotten in the fridge like the do now. Something tells me that child is watching a little bit too much TV. I suggested we actually EAT the fruits and veggies, and that would solve that problem.

We have no food in our kitchen right now. I need to go to the grocery store or else tonight for dinner we are going to end up having tortilla chips with mustard, squishy grapes (that would be nice and firm if we had some green bags), and I think we may have a couple of fortune cookies that we could do paper-rock-scissors for if we had to. Think that will work? Yeah, me either.

Remember when I wrote HERE about getting myself into shape. Well, I am happy to say that my body is, indeed, in shape.........round is a shape, isn't it??

20 comments:

Unknown said...

What is with those green bags?! My kids tell me all the time that we need to buy those. My oldest actually wanted to try them out as his science fair project. I thought it was a good idea except he cam eup eith the idea 4 days before it was due. Good planning huh? Good Luck with the getting in shape. I ran (walked)3 miles this morning, I had to take a nap this afternnon.

Chrisitna

Bonnie the Boss said...

Round is absolutly a shape. Anyone who tells you different has never been this shape. You make me laugh. Thanks for that. Last but not least Albuterol is evil.
Bonnie

Leah said...

Oh Valarie, you had me giggling the entire way through way. I first laughed out loud at the bit about eating the young, and then I laughed a wee bit harder at the bit about clowns piling out of the mini car and then you cinched my gufaws when said something about EATING THE FRUIT would stop it from getting moldy in the fridge!! ROFL! That was a great entry, worth waiting an entire week to see a new one (though I would politely request you don't make me wait that long again because goodness I've needed your humor lately!!)

Duck Hunter said...

great post. Had me laughing.

dawn klinge said...

I think they advertise those green bags during children's shows- my kids know about them also. My kids also think we need anything that the annoying Oxy Clean guy with the loud voice sells. ;)
Sorry your little girl has been sick again. I hope she feels better soon.

Family Adventure said...

Round is DEFINITELY a shape :)

Hope Mikaily's asthma is getting under control. I am actually dreading the start of spring and the seasonal allergies that the boys suffer...ack!

Heidi

Beth Cotell said...

Yup! Round is totally a shape!

desirae said...

I hope she feels better soon, and I loved the part about the clowns getting out of their little car.. I could picture it.. Cracked me up.. I understand about the no food.. I've got dinosaur outmeal, and some cans of corn.. Mmmm.. Fortune Cookies sound good though.. Round is definately in shape.. Much better than being one of those stick thin SICKLY looking people.. (which is very gross..)lol..

Rose Daughter said...

I do believe tortilla chips and mustard could be a dinner... I understand about the empty fridge, and not wanting to drag all of them with you to get some more food. Grocery stores are not places for fun filled days.

Don Mills Diva said...

Hope Mikaliy is feeling better soon!

KG said...

amorphous is also a shape . . . which more adequately describes mine!

junglemama said...

I can so relate to the energizer bunny living on crack. We have a son with ashtma too. Thanks for visiting my blog.

Cecily R said...

I've felt the same way lately about blogging.Not that I don't want to do it, I just can't get my brain to work with me as often as I would like...

Gotta love lectures from the kids!!

Energizer Bunny on crack...heee heeee!!

One Scrappy Gal said...

Pear is a shape too...right?

Sounds like your kid is enjoying the green bag commercials. If you do try them...let me know how they work. :)

Kathy said...

Ohh you poor thing. The energizer bunny on crack had me cracking up! I'm sure it's not actually so funny to live with though. Hope she gets to feeling better soon.


www.kathy-iamwhoiam.blogspot.com

Mom said...

I've missed your posts! Glad you are back.

Melissa said...

rounds is a shape!... Can say that aboutpear is too?! A healthly shape too :) I like pears...no so much on me...but still...tasty :)

Anonymous said...

Hey, that was a funny post. I'm glad to see you back. Again. When I checked to see if you had posted and saw the title of your post, I thought to myself, WHAT?!?! See, I'm a glassware collector and have been "dusting" and taking pictures of my "stuff" and emailing it to some friends. Yesterday, I emailed a picture of some misc "stuff" and in the subject line, I put "Hodge Podge". :):)
Margie

Leah said...

PS contest over in my neck of the woods, spread the word! LOL

Damama T said...

LOL! My dogs think I've lost my mind. Again. You are too funny! I'm beginning to think that you could just write, "Hello." and have us all giggling. ;o)

Hope Mikaily is better soon. An asthma attack is a scary, scary feeling! Thank God for steroids!

OH! and it's so nice to hear somebody else say Geez-Laweez (but mine sounds more like geez-loueeeeze! LOL!) My kids look at me like I've got 3 heads every time I say that.