Wednesday, March 12, 2008

The Case of the Missing X-Rays

My cell phone rings. (Well, actually my cell phone didn't "ring" so much as "sing." Because, cell phones don't really "ring" anymore. If you asked my children what sound a phone makes, they would probably start singing "I'm bringing sexy back" and do some sort of little dance to go along with it. But back to the point)

"Hi!" I answer.
"Did I put Laney's X-ray on the table?" I hear my husband's voice ask.(Yes, my baby had to have an X-ray because her soft spot is closing early...but we got it looked at and everything is fine)
"Ummm, no. It's not on the table."
"What about the island? The couch? The bedroom? By the dog's dish? (Seriously??? By the dog's dish?!?!)
"No. No. Not there. Ummm, no. They have to be in your car. Did you ever bring them in last night?"
"I can't remember bringing them in. But they are not in my car."
"They have to be. They aren't in the house anywhere."
"Well, I guess I left them in the car last night and my doors were unlocked....."
"Jason, no one got into your car and stole Laney's x-rays and nothing else. They have to be somewhere and I don't have time to deal with this right now."


On Monday night, I had asked my husband to go pick up the films after work so I didn't have to drag all the kids into the office for 30 seconds to get the X-Rays and then drag them all back out and into the van. I figured that should be doable for him. She had already had the actual x-rays taken, so he was just picking them up and driving home with them. Not too hard, right? Well, apparently it is.
I had a thousand other things I was doing that morning (like fighting with the insurance company to get the visit to the neurosurgeon covered while taking care of 4 children) so eventually Jason said he would come home from work to look for the illusive x-rays.

Fast forward an hour and a half. The front door opens and I can hear the sound of the garbage truck driving away. Jason walks in, with a large blue and white envelope in his hands.

"You found it! I told you it had to be in your car."
"Uhhhhhhh, it wasn't in my car."
"It wasn't in your car? Well then where was it?"
"Well, it was sitting int he middle of the road."
"WHAT?!?!"

I ran over and grabbed the envelope out of his hands and started laughing. Look closely at the picture.





Can ya see all the small bumps and tears? Apparently, he had gotten out of his car the night before and set the envelope on the roof while he got something else out and forgot about it. When he drove off that morning, it had fallen off and landed in the middle of the road, where I am sure numerous cars (including mine and his) had run over it.........oh, and the garbage truck as well. I told him he was coming to the doctors appointment with me, because I was not going to be the one that looked like a dork trying to explain that story. He agreed to come with me, but was conveniently in the bathroom with Evan when they asked for the films. Coincidence? I think not! They said they were still in good enough shape to look at.

Oh well. I think I'll still keep him around. After all, he's the one that does the dishes every night.

20 comments:

Mom said...

That totally sounds like something my husand would do!!!

Jennifer said...

LMAO - that sounds just like a man - well like my man at least ;)
~Jennifer

Unknown said...

That is too funny!!!!! That is something I would do. I forget to use my brain at times. Glad all is well and nothing is wrong with you baby!

Christina

Kellan said...

That's a funny story - I'm glad he found them - he'd have never lived that down, right?

Have a good evening - Kellan

dawn klinge said...

Oh my! I'm the one at my house who does things like that. I once drove all the way home from the grocery store with my wallet sitting on the bumper- and it didn't fall off!

KG said...

That sounds like my house, except that somehow there would inexplicably be cat pee on it. too.

Rose Daughter said...

Oh that is funny lol. Glad you found them and they are usable. I'll bet that was a new one for the doctors. lol

Colorful & Hip Photography by Billie said...

OMG! To funny! Sounds like typical "man" syndrome. I'm glad the x-rays were found & still in "readable" shape & that your baby girl is fine:)

Anonymous said...

too funny, but hey - it happens to everyone! and he does do the dishes...

By the dog's dish? hmmm

Family Adventure said...

ONLY a man, my dear!

But I give him credit for finding them again...

Heidi

Leah said...

oh no!!! That's pretty funny though, assuming they weren't ruined to the point of needing to be redone...

Kathy said...

LOL! I'm sorry that happened, but at least they were still able to be read! Sounds like something I would do!!


kathy-iamwhoiam.blogspot.com

Melissa said...

ha ha thank goodness he found them

One Scrappy Gal said...

That's why they say when you want something done right you should do it yourself. Still.. it's a funny story!! :)

Damama T said...

TOO TOO FUNNY! But if he does dishes, you BETTER keep him! LOL!

Reminds me of something I must go write up! (yep, I'm a shameless tease! LOL!) TTFN

junglemama said...

Sounds like something I would do!

desirae said...

Just like a man.. And then to be in the bathroom when it came time to hand them over and fess up.. I'd make him mop after he did the dishes, just to make up for you having to explain..

OHmommy said...

Oh man.... our husbands MUST be related!!!

Cecily R said...

That actually sounds like something I would do...and have. Not with X-Rays, but with other things like the diaper bag, my phone, various drinks....

Glad you found them though!!!

girlymom said...

How funny! Why is it that they can never find anything?