Thursday, March 27, 2008

Don't Squeeze (Or Hide) The Charmin

Today I decided to get a little bit of spring cleaning done.

I got both babies (my little girl and my niece) down for their naps and off I went. I started with the bathrooms. I wiped counters and mirrors and scrubbed toilets. I swept the floors and I scoured the tile. I went through the linen closet and threw out all the towels that had seen better days.

I moved on to the toy room. We have lots of toys. Lots and lots and lots of toys! We have girl toys and boy toys. We have toys that sing and toys that dance. We have toys that you build up and toys that you dress up. I think some of our toys may even have toys!!! But, I digress.......so I started cleaning. I was sitting on the floor in the midst of piles and piles of toys and realized my house was actually quiet. This. is. not. good!! I called out for Kyle. No answer. I called for Evan. No answer. I jumped up and ran to the back of the house to find them. The light was on in the bathroom. I peeked in. No boys. However, I did find this....


Need a closer look??

That is 5, count them 1-2-3-4-5, empty toilet paper rolls and one half empty (or is it half full...???) roll. I found the boys hiding in the corner of their bedroom. I asked what happened. They said they didn't know. I separated them and interrogated them and they stuck to their story. I still have no idea what happened to the toilet paper that was on the rolls. The toilet is still flushing fine, so if they did flush it at least they flushed it slow enough that they didn't clog anything. Maybe I will come across it stuffed somewhere during the course of my cleaning. I dunno.

I just hope they didn't eat it. *sigh*


** Just a little footnote. My blogging buddy over at Laughing Leah Loves Lilies is having a little contest. Go check it out HERE!

16 comments:

Damama T said...

My boys once figured out that if you unroll a wad but don't tear it off, and drop it in the toilet just as you flush, it would unroll the rest making it look like the toilet was eating it like spaghetti. Maybe yours figured it out too? LOL! Good luck finding out... then again, there are some things that you just really don't WANT to know. ;o)

Amanda B. said...

That is pretty funny- be sure to let us know where you find the paper!!! :)

dawn klinge said...

What a mystery ;) That is so funny! I get that same uneasy feeling when things are too quiet in my house- it's never a good sign.

Beth Cotell said...

Let's just hope it was flushed and that you won't find it anywhere!

the dragonfly said...

Oh, the things children can find amusing. :)

Ashlee said...

Magically disappearing T.P. huh? When it reappears you'll have to let us know. :0)

Mom said...

You just have to love Boys!

BTW I see that yesterday you had a post titled Hodge Podge too funny I had the same post today!!! You know what they say about great minds!

Leah said...

Connor, just yesterday, took hold of the neighbor's toilet paper in their upstairs bathroom, then walked around with it while still holding on. I went up to check on things because I could hear my neighbor's little guy laughing hysterically and NOTHING from Connor, and there is TP ALLLL OVER THE UPSTAIRS. Thankfully my neighbor thought it was pretty hilarious. It was the good thick SOFT (expensive!) stuff, too! LOL

Kids will be kids!

Thanks for posting about the contest...

Unknown said...

When you find it you have to tell us!!!! Boys are so funny sometimes, the things they thing of to do!!

Cecily R said...

Have you checked your heating vents? That's where my sister's kids hide things...

KG said...

I guess you gotta start buying the cheap-o toilet paper!

Anonymous said...

umm, they stuck to their stories, even after being separated?! wow, that's impressive - you should be proud!

;)

Sass said...

Just found you via Don Mills Diva. That's hilarious. And kind of spooky.

I'm going to have to keep on reading your blog. I HAVE TO KNOW THE ANSWER.

Maria said...

Hmm... Look on the bright side? They all stick together?

Family Adventure said...

Oh dear...I would be scared, too. That is A LOT of missing TP. But thank goodness the toilet is still flushing...:)

Heidi

TheHMC said...

Maybe the gremlins that steal the remotes had something to do with it lol.