Friday, March 7, 2008

Lord, Grant Me Patience

Well, I am glad to say that Mikaily is feeling much better. Wanna know how I know this?? Yesterday, she would. not. SHUT. UP. (ahhhhhhwww, I said "the S" woooord!)

"Mommy, why is it raining? My friend at school said the clouds are crying. But I don't think clouds can cry. Do you think clouds can cry? Clouds can't cry because they aren't people. Unless there are people on them. But I don't think you can stand on a cloud. If you standed on a cloud you would fall through. Plus, how could you get on the cloud anyways? What if you could get on a cloud. Would that be fun? I think I would be scared and not do that. Do you think a bird would be up there? What if it hit you because it didn't see you because you shouldn't be on a cloud."

Good gravy! Breathe child, BREATHE!!!! She has been having some problems with her asthma and we have been using her inhaler. I don't know about the rest of you who have a child with asthma, but when I give her that inhaler she goes PSYCHO!

We went out to eat for dinner last night. She started looking through the kids menu and went on another tirade.

"There is only one thing I can eat here. Just the chicken. I can't eat the Macaroni because it has real cheese on it. I can't eat the turkey because it has gooey stuff in it. I can't eat the eggs and toast because eggs are gross and they won't let me get anything instead of them and I don't like toast either because it is too crunchy. I can't get this because they might burn it. I can't get that because it is stringy. Blah blah blah......"

She went on and on. She probably told us about 20 or 30 foods on the menu she wouldn't eat and why.

Then, last night, Kyle was saying his prayer before he went to bed and it went a little something like this:
"Heavenly Father. Thank you for today. Thank you for my family. Thank you for dinosaurs. Thank you that Evan can stop talking when I am saying my prayer. Bless that the bad guys can't get me tonight. Bless that mommy and daddy can't be mean to me when I am bad. Amen."

This morning, I took Kyle to school. I had to take Alaina and Evan with me. Since he is in preschool, I have to walk him to the classroom. Evan decided half way up the sidewalk that his legs were broken and he couldn't walk anymore. I didn't want to cause a big scene by screaming at him, so I shifted Alaina to one hip and picked Evan up and plopped him on the other and carried both of them back to the car (which is a pretty LONG walk).

I said my own little prayer this morning as I was driving home...it went a little something like this.........

"Lord, grant me patience.......BUT HURRY!"

16 comments:

dawn klinge said...

That's a perfect prayer for us moms. Your kids little conversations are precious. My daughter talks a lot like yours- sometimes I just wish I could get into the car and actually LISTEN to the radio instead of the constant stream of questions.

onthegomom said...

Oh my. I'm so sorry... but this was HYSTERICAL! No really, super funny. I hope your day gets better!!

Don Mills Diva said...

I've said that same prayer too many times to count...:-)

Cecily R said...

I say that prayer at least twice a day. I think the fact that I do it so often makes the man upstairs think I need to practice more before he gives it to me. Dang those teaching moments!!

I LOVE Kyle's prayer. And Mikaily sounds like Gracie on a regular basis.

Maybe if we chant it...Patience. Patience. :)

Unknown said...

I have one that never atops talking, ever!! Sometimes I think she is like Donkey on Shrek. I could cover her mouth and she will just keep on a talking.
Glad to hear she is feeling better.
Loved the prayer, We get lots of interesting thngs prayed for at our house too.

Christina

KG said...

Can you pray using curse words? I don't know that I can get much of anything out of my mouth anymore without them . . .

Cheffie-Mom said...

What a prayer!! My son's name is Kyle also and he is a very curious little guy hehe. I think I have some stories you could relate too on my site. Hope things calm down...and God answers soon. :)

Shan said...

Glad she's feeling better. And I've said that prayer myself, a few hundred dozen times.

Anonymous said...

I'm with you... patience would be a nice virtue in this house. send it this way, when you get some.

hey , thanks!

ha

Leah said...

glad she's well again!!!!!!!! yay!

mute button, anyone??? LOL!!!! HUGS

The Cochran Family said...

That is so funny. You know there are times when you really want to talk to your kids and then there are other times when its hard to not want to yell SHUT-UP!!!!!

Mom said...

Don't you just love when they won't shut up! Mine have the ability to know when I am trying to have a moment of quiet time and use that time to launch into their monologs, but I still love them bunches.

Kellan said...

I love your prayer - and soooooooo get it!! Cute post and I'm glad Mikaily is feeling so much better - how cute!!


Thanks so much for coming by today and leaving the kind thoughts and prayers for our sweet little baby! I hope you've had a good weekend! I'll see you soon. Kellan

Family Adventure said...

I have a non-eating talker, too. Actually, I have TWO!

Sometimes, I lock the door to the washroom and stay there for a while, just to get some peace and quiet...

Have a good day :)

Heidi

Amy Jane said...

so that is what i have to look forward to huh?! you kids are sooo cute, i love all the pics!
p.s. i just left florida, you are a lucky woman to live there... i didn't want to leave!

mommeeof10 said...

We spend all that time teaching our children to walk and talk. Then we want them to sit down and shut up. Parents are inconsistent, aren't we?