Wednesday, February 13, 2008

We're BAAAAAA-AAAAACK!!

We didn't get to see any snow. That was alright. It got SOOOOO cold I just wanted to hightail it outta there as fast as we could. We got out the night before they got slammed with a snowstorm. Oh well. My friend sent me some pictures.
We had a great visit. Alaina did amazing on the plane. Well, except for the blowout she had on the way there. And by blowout, I mean slimy, stinky poop leaking out both leg holes of the diaper. Oh, and up and out the back too. In fact, it was all the way up her back..... almost in her hair. I just calmly pressed the flight attendant button and asked for a bag. I then proceeded to strip my daughter naked and wipe her down as best I could. I am sure the other passengers appreciated it. I just threw the clothes away. I was not about to be opening up a bag full of poo-covered clothes that were 6 hours old. Bleck! Oh, and did I mention she did the same thing on the plane on the way home?? I guess maybe the pressure change on the plane caused a pressure build up and it was just too much and so she "exploded."
So here are a few pics of us hanging out in the airport on the way back home. My poor baby was introduced to what COLD really means. Her little mouth got all chapped. I kept smearing her up with cherry chapstick (becuase that is all I had on me), but it just made her look like she had been making out after applying some cheap, red lipstick. So, I had some A&D that I had been putting on her for a diaper rash and guess what.....?? It worked GREAT! I didn't even care that the smell of her face reminded me of the smell of her butt. A mom's gotta do, what a mom's gotta do!!

Can you tell that Laney has little pigtails in?? At one point I was standing outside of the bathroom in the airport waiting for my husband to come out and I was holding Alaina. This old lady comes up to me and says
"Awww, well aren't you a cute one??" She was talking ot Alaina, of course. :)
"Thank you" I replied.
"Look at your hair. You should tell you mom that she is really mean to be doing your hair like that."
I was taken aback. I wasn't exactly sure what was so mean, so I looked at Alaina and said "Well, why don't you tell this lady that if I don't pull your hair back, it sticks straight up all over the place."
"Well, you should tell your mom that if she cuts all your hair off it will grow back in nice and full and thick." Because, as you know, it is every mom's dream to have an adorable 8 month old little girl that is totally and completely BALD......?!?!
At this point, I wanted to reach out and smack this women. Seriously?!?! You are going to walk up to a complete stranger holding a baby and then begin insulting her?? Why can't people just mind their OWN business. I didn't say to her "Well, you should be shot by the fashion police for wearing that outfit" or "Ever heard of whitening strips? You might wanna give them a try!" I could have. But I didn't. Luckily my husband came out and I just started walking away. Oh, and did I mention that she TOUCHED my baby. People! DON'T TOUCH THE BABY IF YOU DON'T KNOW THE MAMA!!!!!! I have no idea where your nasty old fingers have been. Keep them off my child. Ok, so anyways.....this is what her hair looks like if I don't pull it back.
Need I say more?!?
We got to spend lots of time with friends. We hung out and ate yummy food and laughed and all that jazz. We went bowling. I suck at bowling. I think the thing I enjoy most about bowling is getting to pick which ball to use. I picked red this time. I think it weighed like 10 pounds. Maybe....? After only 2 games it was obvious I was a total and complete wuss. I did, however, bowl a 109, which is my all time high score!! Sad, I know. And, although it looks great when everyone's shoes match, it totally grosses me out thinking about how many other sweaty feet have been in those nasty shoes. They TOTALLY would have looked hot with a shiny, black jumpsuit, though!!
I missed my kids a lot. I was glad to see that everyone was alive when we got back. The kids had all of their limbs still attached and no bones were broken. My sisters seemed to fair pretty decently. I do think they were probably a tad exhausted, but that's nothing that a nice, oh....say....week long nap can't cure! :) So, thanks to the best sisters in the world!!!

16 comments:

The Cochran Family said...

Yah, your back in the sun! Isn't it nice! I just spent an hour posting..check it out!

newduck said...

That woman in the airport is horrifying!!! I would have smacked her silly.

KG said...

That woman is a complete waste of oxygen. You have more self-restraint than I do. The last time somebody criticized me (it was because my kid wasn't wearing a hat. . . I should note he was wearing the hat and then took it off), I ripped her a new one. She was like "Oh, it's cold! He needs a hat!" I said something like, "Oh, it's cold!? I didn't know, I thought it was hot outside! Thanks so much for the unsolicited advice. It'll really influence my parenting. Oh, and by the way, f(*#$ off."

Man, I'm SO not a nice person.

girlymom said...

Oh! I think her hair is precious! What a mean old lady, let's hope she was grumpy and rude because somebody delayed her flight...or her grandma grundies were just in a bunch! Glad you made it home before the storm~ it's been below freezing here...still.

Unknown said...

Glad you are back safe and sound!! And that you left before the snowstorm.

It must be a generational thing why pwoplw thing they can jst touch babies. No one our age would ever do that!!

Christina

PS I think her hair is too cute either way!

dawn klinge said...

Glad you made it back safe and sound. Reading that story about the rude woman was horrifying! Your sweet girl is adorable in her pigtails. I remember a rude older woman telling me my daughter needed to be wearing a coat once when I was walking into a store- I didn't take that "advice" too well.

One Scrappy Gal said...

Welcome back!!

I think your little girl looks cute with her pigtails! I would never dream of going up to a complete stranger and making those comments, and I don't understand why people think it's OK for them to do it. Especially geriatrics!! They think they have way too much power!

Great bowling score! My all time high I think is like.. 24. Pathetic, I know. :)

Anonymous said...

we missed you... and always nice to have the kiddies alive and well on return!

and the woman... you did say those things didn't you?? I don't think I would've contained myself as gracefully as you.

the dragonfly said...

Her hair is *precious*...both with pigtails and without. :)

Glad you had a good trip. Welcome home!!

Melissa said...

Looooove the pig tails!!! sooo very cute. I can't wait till my kid has hair to at least try :)

Unknown said...

I tagged you! Check out my blog for the details, please don't hate me =)

Christina

Mom said...

Welcome back, don't you love when random people start making very personal comments! She should mind her own business

onthegomom said...

That women in the airport... I am stunned! I cannot believe that. What NERVE! When I first saw her picture, my very first thought was "OH she has cute lil' pig tails!" I love baby pigtails!!!! So don't listen to nutty airport women, your babies hair is CUTE!

I am glad you are back :-)

Sabrina said...

I think I can actually say I haven't had anything said to me that was THAT cruel!! And I've had some stupid remarks too! Glad to see you back!!

Kathy said...

I'm glad you're back and had a good time! That woman sounded rude though, I'm sorry, I don't get people sometimes! The pics are cute!


www.kathy-iamwhoiam.blogspot.com

Leah said...

ACK!! I feel your pain about the old lady though... I don't know if you saw the post I did a month or so ago about the lady getting in Connor's face and petting his cheek and in a cutesy-baby voice saying "I know, your mama's so mean to be taking you out shopping isn't she? She should really stay home when it's your naptime blah blah blah.........." Old ladies are NOSEY and MEAN (sometimes) lol

glad you had a nice trip overall. and YIKES about the exploding poop-butt. ew! LOL we've had our fair share of those, but never on an airplane!!