Tuesday, February 5, 2008

I Don't Have Time to Spell Check!!

Today has been a crazy day. I have been so incredibly busy. So, I thought to myself, "self.....what could possibly make this day even harder on you and help you to procrastinate your packing and cleaning even more??" So, I sat my butt down and decided to BLOG about how I am so busy I have absolutely no time to do anything extra.

I am going on vacation. I know, I know. I live in Florida....every day is like a vacation, right? So, you might be wondering exactly where a person who lives in a "vacation hot spot" permanantly GOES on vacation. Well, I am headed to the great state of OHIO!! That is where we moved here from. It has been a year since I have been back there to visit and I can't wait to see my friends!!! My husband and I are taking our baby and heading out day after tomorrow. My sisters will be here with my three older littles. I hope everyone is alive when we get back......

So, I have been packing. Ugh! PACKING! Packing for yourself isn't so bad, but when there is a baby involved.....I totally understand the expression "everything but the kitchen sink" now. I love clothes. I love to shop for clothes for myself and for my husband and for my children, but I do not like having to pick which clothes to pack! WHO IN THE WORLD CAME UP WITH THE WHOLE "EVERYONE HAS A STYLE AND HAVE FUN EXPRESSING YOURSELF THROUGH CLOTHING" anyway???? Wouldn't it be easier if we all just wore black, shiny jumpsuits??? If there was nothing else, then no one would think that was weird. Black looks good on everyone, right?? I'm not sure why shiny. Probably just because it is funny to picture my husband (and probably this goes for you and your significant other as well) in a tight, shiny jumpsuit. hehe. I giggle when I think about that. If that is all we wore it would sure make choosing an outfit for the day easier......"Let's see. Should I wear the black jumpsuit with, or without, a baby vomit stain on the shoulder?" It sure as heck would make packing easier. And think about how great it would be for family photos. Everyone would always match!!

I took my boys outside to play for a while earlier. It is soooooo beautiful outside. The high here today was supposed to be 84. I think it might be a little warmer even. So, we were out there and I was sitting in my chair, enjoying the feeling of the warm sun hitting my face and I hear Kyle yell "AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!! It's a snake!!!!! R-U-N!!!!!!!" I hop up and I am like "Where?? Where is the snake?? Get away from it!" Kyle started laughing. "Mommy! It isn't a REAL snake. We are just pretending. I very calmly explained to him that he had scared me and why he shouldn't be screaming "SNAKE" out. A few moments later, he came running past me again, with Evan hot on his heels. Evan yells "AHHHHHHHH!!! There is a T-REX!!! RUN!!!!!!!" Kyle stopped. I could tell by the look on his face that he was concerned that this would scare me as well, and said "Don't worry mommy, it isn't a real T-REX. We are pretending again. Dinosaurs are all dead." Good thing he cleared that up. I guess it wasn't a velociraptor chasing me down on my run the other night (see post below).

Oh, and in follow up to the last post since a few asked....I have absolutely no idea what really made the noise. We have all kinds of weird, scary critters running around here. I think I would prefer not knowing.

So, farewell for now, my bloggy friends!! I will be gone until middle of next week and I am thinking I will be enjoying playing in the snow way too much to take the time to blog. Either that or my fingers will have fallen off from frostbite, making it difficult to type.

"I'll be back" (Do you like my Arnold Schwarzenegger impression?!?)

20 comments:

Beth Cotell said...

Have a great time in Ohio!

girlymom said...

I hope you have a wonderful trip~ not sure what day you are returning but you better scoot before Wednesday night, supposed to get some more snow! Yikes.

What's worse than packing? UNpacking! Ugh.

KG said...

Well . . . judging from your last blog, maybe it's a good thing that the T-Rex statement were qualified with the obligatory "it's not a REAL T-Rex." I probably would have been scared if people ran up to me screaming about a T-Rex. Oddly, I'd probably be more scared by this than the more plausible claim that there's a snake.

Anonymous said...

Have a blast!

the dragonfly said...

Enjoy your holiday!!

And oh my, I know what you mean about packing. I flew to the States (from Germany) with my son when he was just under four months old. The travel bit was actually okay, but the packing was a nightmare!!

Jennifer said...

I hope you have a GREAT time in OHIO. I am right there with you on the whole packing. Even when we moved, I didn't pack. I actually left everything in the dresser drawers, LOL. But on vacation you cant do that - I know.

Enjoy the vacation though.
~Jennifer

newduck said...

My friend, you do not want to see me in a shiny black jumpsuit right now. Way scarier than a t-rex chasing through the shadows while you try to jog.

dawn klinge said...

Have fun! I do the same thing- I sit down to log when I'm way too busy to be blogging!

girlymom said...

How are you guys doing down there? Looks like some nasty weather your way.

One Scrappy Gal said...

My husband is from Ohio! Toledo! Small world, huh?

Have a great time on your vacation!! Enjoy the snow!

Unknown said...

Have a good time, and by the way you suck that it was 84 degrees. It is snowing and frickin cold than crap here! I wish I could go outside and play!

Christina

Be safe and return with lots of pictures

Maria said...

Ohio? When you're in Florida? I live in PA and would rather be in Florida right now! It's suppose to be cold this weekend! Dress warm. Did you see The Bee Movie? He is deciding whether to wear a black and yellow striped sweater or a yellow and black striped sweater!

Don Mills Diva said...

Have a great time - looking forward to your return!

Kathy said...

Ahh, I hope you have a great vacation. I hate snow though, can I come to Florida to vacation instead? LOL Seriously, I hope you have a great time.

www.kathy-iamwhoiam.blogspot.com

Leah said...

I hope you enjoy yourself! Say hi to my dear friend, Kaci, in Ohio for me while you're there... LOL

And watch out for that darned T-rex...

Jillybean said...

I hate packing! Mostly because it usually means that I don't get any sleep the night before we go anywhere, because I am washing everybody's clothes and packing them.
The last trip we went on, I made a packing list for each of my older kids and let them pack their own stuff. I'm so glad they are old enough to do that now.

Have a great time on your trip!!

desirae said...

Hope you have fun in Ohio. All I can say is are you crazy?? Leaving 84 degrees to come North?? I'm in Indiana, and it's ridiculously cold, the kids are cooped up in the house, and I'm going out of my mind.. Hope you packed lots of Warm, longsleeved shiny black jumpsuits, as opposed to the cooler shortsleeved, jumpsuits.. (Love the shiny idea, everything is better shiny and glittery.)

onthegomom said...

Well, based on when you wrote this and when you should of been in Ohio - there should be NO LACK OF SNOW for you to "enjoy"! I hope you made it there okay and all is well. Can't wait to hear about your vacation.

Amy Jane said...

thats so funny... blogging about having no time, i spend so much time on this internet thanks to blogger and facebook. hope all is well!

Lucille said...

Well you picked a great time to see SNOW - it is everywhere! Let us know how the trip was - I am SO JEALOUS after reading that it was 84 degrees! I think I need to move!