Sunday, February 24, 2008

This Place Is Really Freaking Me Out!

We decided to take all the kiddos (because we're crazy like that) and head over to Sea World yesterday. My sister Tracy came, too. Sea World is fun, but not my favorite place. I am deathly afraid of all things fishy. I knew the kids would love it, though.....and they did. I threw together a bunch of pics. Look if you want...don't if you don't. But if you don't, then don't bother coming back here. I didn't really like you anyways. :) Kidding!!

It rained the whole first half of the day. We didn't really care. We were planning on getting drenched at the Shamu show anyway. Plus, apparently lots of people melt in the rain, so rainy days = short lines.




Here are a few examples of the hilarious things my kids said to me while we were out and about. they sure do keep life interesting....

Mikaily, my 7 year old, said to me: "Uuuuuugh!! You are being so mean! Why are you so mean?? When I grow up and have my own kids, I am going to be mean to them just like you are to me and then they are going to hurt me." Ummmmm, was that supposed to be a threat? I believe that is what they call being passive-aggressive. She is a little odd sometimes.

I took my 5 year old, Kyle, on the Journey to Atlantis ride. He was barely tall enough. It is the water coaster at Sea World. The first hill is pretty big and very steep. I am guessing it would scare the crap out of most adults. He loved it. And by loved it, I mean hated it. Before the wave settled at the bottom of the first hill, he shouted "I don't want to do that again!!" We didn't. We went to the kiddie section and they had a little Shamu kiddie coaster. He wanted to ride it. We did. When it pulled to a stop, I looked over and said "So, did you like that one?" He thought for a minute and said "Only a little bit. I think I will try it again when I am 6."

"Bye guys! See ya later" This is what Evan, my 3 year old, yelled as he ran off into the crowd.

"Come on guys. Lets get out of here. This place is really freaking me out!" Kyle said this as he was walking through the "glass" tube that goes straight through the middle of the shark tank. Can't blame him for being freaked out. The apple doesn't fall far from the tree....

"WOW! Are you going to go do that next??" Evan said to me, pointing to the trainer riding on the killer whale's back.

*** A little add on here! I forgot to list the comment that takes the prize for comment of the day....
We were watching the Shamu show and I was sitting beside Kyle. Shamu swims out (underwater, obviously, so you don't know he's coming unless you KNOW he's coming) and dramatically jumps up and out of the water. Kyle says "WOOOOAH!!! Mom! He's bigger than you are!!!" Thanks kid, I love you too!

22 comments:

Unknown said...

FUN!!! I love Sea World!! I grew up by the San Diego one. I haven't been in years cuz hubby things it is a stupid place so I will live through your pictures.

Christina

PS Very jealous of the tee-shirts and shorts!!

KG said...

I looked like a whale when I was preggo. Except that I wasn't cute.

junglemama said...

Sounds like something one of my girls would say. LOL.

Glad you had a fun time. :)

Family Adventure said...

Oh my goodness...you and your husband are brave souls!

Heidi :)

AnnieC said...

I love all the pics, especially the last one. It is so nice when they tucker out all at the same time! :)

dawn klinge said...

I loved the pics and the funny things your kids said while they were there. I never realized they had rides at Sea World, it sounds fun. It rained when my family went to the Monterrey Aquarium and that shortened the lines there also (even though it was inside); I loved it.

Kellan said...

I'd have loved to have seen a picture of you riding on the killer whale's back - tee hee! Cute comments from your cute kids - aren't they funny!

What fun - Alexis is already begging me to take her to Sea World and Six Flaggs this summer - YIPPIE - I can hardly wait.

Have a good day Valarie - see you later. Kellan

Melissa said...

super cute photos! Looks like they are sweet kids and that they had fun!

Lauren in GA said...

Thank you for commenting on my blog! I LOVED this post! I love it when people post the hilarity that comes out of their kiddos mouths :)

My kids are always commenting on my figure...or, uh...lack there of...

Heather said...

Sea World is one of our favorite places. We went for two days, and enjoyed the second day much better after renting a double stroller for our 3 and 5 year old, rather than giving them shoulder rides around the park like we did the first day.

Leah said...

Well, at least he didnt' get confused and yell out that you were bigger than the whale! ha ha!

Kids say the darndest things... Mine have me in stitches all the time!

jennwa said...

That look like a lot of fun. My daughter was looking at the pictures and said I want to go to Sea World.
That last tidbit was cute, that is something my kids would definitely say.

shannon said...

totally jealous! florida has everything to offer. and your kids are just darling! i love the one where Kyle is yelling at the shamu thing and also him (maybe Evan?) is snuggling the baby. it's so cute!

Kathy said...

I've never been to Sea World, but it sounds like so much fun! Kids are hillarious, but they can be insulting too, you are not big, don't take that personally! Anyway, I'm glad you had a good trip despite the rain!

www.kathy-iamwhoiam.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Umm, I LOVE HIS THREAT! I'm still laughing...

One Scrappy Gal said...

I have a huge fear of aquariums and undersea life... so I don't know how you did this!! YIKES!

Kari said...

What funny kids! I love that they wanted to see their mommy riding on the back of a killer whale! I can just picture that now!

Montay said...

So I found your Blog thru Christina and I love the Title I often say things that I though could never come out of a mom mouth and make sense like that. I will come and visit lots more I love funny Blogs like this one. Feel free to take a peek over at my place

The Cochran Family said...

Guess what we are getting season tickets to the slimmy,fishy place! hehe. a single day ticket is 45, season ticket50, mmmmm...I'm going to be mean to my other friends and that will hurt you!

Unknown said...

*giggle*

I love the mean mom comment.

Theresa said...

I am married to a fish, oops, I mean a fisherman. Loved the last comment! LOL. Theresa

girlymom said...

The baby is even having a blast, then she falls asleep~ precious!
It must have been a great day to have all of them crash in the car like that!

I think the ponchos are the new hottest look in fashion! :)

Have a great weekend.