Tuesday, February 19, 2008

I Love Lists!

I love doing lists and I haven't done one for awhile. However, I have been deathly ill (ok, well maybe that is a slight exaggeration) and so I am recycling part of a list I did a while back that I think most of you haven't read, but adding a few new things to it for those of you that have. Enjoy!

Things I Have Learned Since Becoming A Mom:

1. No matter how insignificant the trip, always pack a barf bucket.

2. If worrying was truely wasted energy.... I should be wasted away!

3. Clothing is optional.

4. "An object in motion tends to stay in motion" is a law written by a parent with toddlers.

5. I've learned to quickly tell the difference between a good disposable diaper and a bad one.

6. They say the only way to sing along to the radio is loudly. In fact, the only way to do anything in a house full of children is LOUDLY!

7. An Emmy is never more deserved than by a 4 year old just asked to clean up her toys.

8. Feather Boas look good on me.

9. I have a child that is medically needy. It didn't take me long to figure out why they call it "practicing" medicine.

10. Snot is never ending.

11. McDonalds Playplaces smell like urine.

12. Cough syrup doesn't work.

13. There really IS a sock monster who eats random socks just for the heck of it.

14. You do NOT need 8 hours of sleep to be able to function.

15. You no longer have to lock up your favorite candy stash. Just put it on the couch under the pile of laundry and no one will be able to find it.

15 comments:

newduck said...

Next to Chuck-e-Cheese, I think McDonald's playland is probably the germiest, ickiest place in the world. It's no wonder they smell like pee!

KG said...

I am the sock monster.

Unknown said...

We were at Carld Jr last night and had the same dicussion about how all playlands smell like urine. EEEWW!!
Motherhood has taught me how important it is to know where the bathroom is in every store.

Christina

I am still waiting for tthe wedding pictures!! =)

dawn klinge said...

You're so funny! These are all so true of course, and I really enjoyed the laugh because I can relate to every one of them. McDonald's playland grosses me out ;p

Leah said...

LOL I love coming to your blog. I never know what hilarious bits of wisdom I'll come away with. LOVE that list!!

Jennifer said...

16. Making an awesome bubbling waterfall is easy, just throw a disposable diaper in first, add an entire container of shampoo, then flush. Water water everywhere!

Your list looks good to me, LOL.
~Jennifer

Shan said...

I agree with number 7! Great list.

onthegomom said...

I agree with #12 - except if it has codeine in it :-)

junglemama said...

"McDonalds Playplaces smell like urine." Ain't that the truth. LOL.. I love your list. :)

Kellan said...

This is a fabulous list Valarie - I loved it! I agree with all those things and loved the hiding the candy one - I need to give that one a try. Take care - Kellan

Autumn said...

These are SO funny. So true about McD's smell. Yuck. Good tip about the candy and laundry! :)

One Scrappy Gal said...

Loved #15!! So true! Now I can stop hiding it inside the box of puffins that everyone thinks is gross and will not touch. :)

girlymom said...

I tried to tackle the sock monster yesterday, but I lost! Ugh.

Anonymous said...

that is cute... and I too have a sock monster in my house. Only mine seems to live under the sheets... because that's where he leaves them ALL. just pull down the covers of any random child in the house... you'll see all of the socks.

Joanne@ Blessed... said...

found you through the Red Door..

Just LOVED your list!