Thursday, July 31, 2008

The (insert name of vegetable here) Doesn't Fall Far From the Tree!

I know.....vegetables don't grow on trees. That title fits the post better, though....

I had to drag 5 children to 3 different doctors appointments this week. I used a bag of suckers to convince them to behave each time (because I am NOT above bribery.)

After one of the appointments, they were looking through the bag, trying to decide which delectable flavor to try.

Mikaily: "I want pink!"
Evan: "Me too!"
Kyle: "Mom, aren't these sugar?"
Me: "Yes, they are."
Kyle: "Daddy says sugar isn't good and it doesn't make you strong."
Me: "Sugar tastes good, but it isn't good for you."
Kyle: "Oh, ok. I think I want a green sucker. Green is like a vegetable and so it is better for me."

That's my boy! I have taught him well. :)

12 comments:

dawn klinge said...

Kyle is one smart little cookie. ;)

Unknown said...

That is a kid that speaks my language!!!! Ha Ha I love it :)

Amanda B. said...

I love it! I should start thinking that way! :) If it's green it's healthy- I can do that!

Leah said...

now that's my kind of logic! smart kid!

Beth Cotell said...

THAT'S why my kids don't like green suckers!

Cheffie-Mom said...

What a cutie Kyle is! I love the picture of the suckers- it is sooo fun! Have a great weekend!

Delena said...

Does that work for green frosting, too?

Anonymous said...

Isn't that obvious? :) Green = vegetable, if you eat anything at someone else's house they get the calories, having fruit with dessert cancels out the calories, and bicuits with raisins in are positively healthy!

The Broken man

http://theblogofabrokenman.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

as long as they're learning in the process... lol.

Hey who isn't above a bribe?!

Smart guy.

Betsy Hart said...

You didn't know that?? Thats how I get all my green veggies!! lol.

PS I linked your last blog on my post for tomorrow, http://betsys4.blogspot.com/ check it out if you have time :)

Melissa said...

Wow, you are good! If only that logic was true.. cause then I would eat a lot more mint icecream :)

desirae said...

I think he would make an excellent nutritionist when he grows up.. He could write a book.. I'd buy it, and follow it religiously if all of his tips and hints made as much sense this.. lol...