Sunday, July 20, 2008

More Than Meets the Eye

I met another celebrity this past week.

It's always so exciting. I hate the fact that I get start struck, though. I always try to play it cool, but I tend to end up looking like a big dork.

I had my children with me. In fact, this particular celebrity was someone that my 5 year old, Kyle, was soooooo excited to see. Of course, he apparently didn't inherit the freak-out gene from me. He was Mr. Cool.

It happened like this:

We pulled up into the parking lot at Target, just like we had every other time we have gone. I wasn't paying much attention to anything but the fact that there was a primo spot, right up front. I pulled in. Parked on the driver's side was a yellow car. I did notice, as I climbed out to open my side door to get my children out, that the car was very shiny and sporty looking.

As I opened the sliding door, Kyle climbed out of his seat and hopped out of the van. I heard him gasp a little. I felt a little tug on my shirt as I looked down at him.

"What's wrong?" I asked.
"Mom! Look!" He said as he pointed to the car.
"Ohhh, yeah. It's really coool, isn't it??" I said, because I am such a cool, hip mom.
He rolled his eyes at me. I continue to unload the other children.
"Nooooo. LOOK!" And he moved his pointed finger to with in an inch of the car.
I grabbed his hand and pulled it back. "Ky! Don't touch other people's cars."
"But mom! It's Bumblebee!!"
"Huh??" I said. I turned around and looked at where he was pointing on the car. I saw something, but it wasn't a bumblebee. What was it.....?? I looked closer. It was the autobot symbol, from Transformers.

DUH!!! It's BUMBLEBEE!!!

I looked closer and it did, in fact, look JUST like Bumblebee...black stripes and all. I was so bummed I didn't have my camera with me. Kyle would have LOVED having his picture taken with the car. I finally got Kyle to walk away by reminding him that Bumblebee was in hiding and probably didn't want anyone to know he was there.

As we walked away, Kyle said "Don't worry Bumblebee, I won't tell anyone it's you."

It was sooooo cute!!

8 comments:

dawn klinge said...

;) How exciting for your little guy!

Unknown said...

That is the cutest story ever!!!! I loved what he said at the end. I think Bumblebee is pretty cool too :)

the dragonfly said...

Aww, that last bit was so cute, him promising to keep the secret..

Adorable! :)

Beth Cotell said...

Awwwwwwwwww! So cute!

Amanda B. said...

Oh.....that is sooooo cute!!! I just love it! :) It is cute moments like that that make the tough parenting moments endurable! :)

Bonnie the Boss said...

So cool!!! My boys would have been over the moon !!

shannon said...

how cute! you tell that kyle that HE's "Soooo cool!"

desirae said...

Oh my gosh, he and my son would get along great.. Every car we pass has the potential to be one of the transformers (Most seen by us is Jazz.) We have only been fortunate enough to see Bumblebee twice.. (And never was he close enough to touch.) Turtle has currently named my van DEVESTATOR.. (aptly named in my opinion, seeing as how people on the road, give me a VERY wide berth.. lol.)