Tuesday, August 5, 2008

In The Last Week....

I have been a really bad bloggy friend recently. I haven't done much reading and have done even less commenting. Although, I promise you I have good reason. In the last week, I have......

Talked on the phone with a nurse at the doctors office 3 times.
Woken up, on 2 separate occasions, to find 2 different children with their eyes crusted shut from the green ooze seeping out of them.
Taken about 197 temperatures.
Gone to the Doctor's office 3 times.
Cleaned vomit out of my van.
Given about 94 doses of assorted medications.
Cleaned vomit off the bathroom floor.
Held down a child, 2 times, for shots.
Worried about a psych evaluation my child was having (only to get a phone call the morning of, saying it needed to be rescheduled because the doctor was "called out of the office unexpectedly" and the appt. couldn't be rescheduled for before school started, so she would have to miss her 3rd day of school for it)
Washed my hands about a gazillion times.
Washed vomit out of my child's hair.
Washed my child's vomit out of my hair.
Done about 18 extra loads of laundry.
Gone to the grocery store ZERO times (hence the empty fridge).
Started changing an icky diaper, only to discover the poor baby had a yeast infection from all of the antibiotics she had been taking for the last week.
Gone to the pharmacy three times.
Slept a combined total of about 12 hours.
AND
Ate an entire bag of Peanut Butter M&Ms!

So, forgive me. I promise I will get back into the swing of things soon.

12 comments:

Kellan said...

Oh, I'm so sorry about all the sickness and the vomit - eeek! I hope everyone gets better really soon and you get some rest. Take care - Kellan

Leah said...

oh man! That's a ROUGH WEEK! I hope things calm down soon. And I'd say you're totally entitled to eating that entire bag of candy. yummmmmm

Bonnie the Boss said...

Oh honey I am so sorry about your week! Ick, nothing worse than vomit in my opinion. Don't worry about us. We have missed you, but you need some rest.

dawn klinge said...

Oh..you poor Mom! That sounds like a terrible week! I hope everyone is feeling better soon.

Jennifer said...

Aww! I hope you're all feeling better now :)

Cecily R said...

Oy. And its even worse since its in the summer...I am so sorry!!!

If we lived closer I'd bring you dinner. And another bag of M&Ms.

Beth Cotell said...

Oh it all sounds horrible! I hope everyone there is feeling better soon!

Betsy Hart said...

That sounds like a LOVELY week... sorry. I feel for you on the puking kids though, but I only had one, and it was only two days....

Amanda B. said...

Oh...my....gosh.... what a week! I am so sorry- vomit is the worst! I hope everyone is okay. You so deserved the bag of M&Ms. Hopefully next week will be better and you can get some much needed rest! Yikes!

Tracy B. said...

Hey! If you like my layout, I got it from http://www.leeloublogs.blogspot.com
It's the same place Marquesas got hers, and Michelle asked me about it also. The layouts there are so cute!

Unknown said...

Oh my that is quite a week!! Hey if everyone is throwing up than the fridge doesn't need any food right? :) Get better soon!!

everyday katie said...

That is INSANE! I've had bad weeks...but that takes the cake (or peanut butter M&M's).