Friday, May 16, 2008

Unidentified Flying Chickens

We have had some serious trouble with bedtime lately... My daughter has this friend at school. We'll call her "Crazy Claire." Why crazy, do you ask? Well, first of all, Mikaily came home from school today talking about how Claire had seen a meteorite. But, it wasn't really a meteorite, it was just LIKE a meteorite. So, she saw it fall and hit the ground and she ran over and looked at it. It was an octopus but not really an octopus it was just LIKE an octopus. And inside the octopus there were little Pokemons running around............end of story.

Hence the name, "Crazy Claire."

Also, a couple of months ago Mikaily came home in a panic, talking about this story that her friend Claire had told her.

Claire was sleeping at a friend's house. She woke up in the middle of the night. It was dark. She heard a noise. A noise that she did not recognize. When she rolled over and looked up at the ceiling, she saw two, BIG, glowing, red eyes staring down at her. Are you freaked out yet??? Because this scared the CRAP out of my little girl.

She explained to Mikaily that it HAD to be a ghost. There was nothing else it could have been. Mikaily, of course, was then totally freaked out at night. She didn't want to go to bed. She would cry and say that when she closed her eyes, she would see the scary eyes. DARN THAT CLAIRE!!!!! She told Mikaily that she had seen the eyes two other times in her own house, and she was 100% sure it was ghosts that were coming to get her....or aliens. It could have been aliens, too. Because aliens can have red eyes. (CRAZY, I tell you, CRAZY!! Ok, so maybe saying crazy is a tad bit harsh. Let's give her the benefit of the doubt and say she just has a wildly crazy imagination.)

Well, tonight we all went out to dinner. Mikaily was eating her food and stopped and looked up at me.

Kaily: "Did I tell you that Claire told me she doesn't see ghosts?"
Me: "Hmmm, no, you didn't tell me that. Was she just dreaming?" (Like I had suggested previously)
Kaily: "No. She said she woke up and got a good look at what was in her bedroom and it wasn't a ghost at all."
Me: "What was it? Her cat?" (Like I had suggested previously)
Kaily: "No. She says it is flying chickens. They are fried, too. It was just flying, fried chicken. So I don't need to be scared anymore."
Me: "That's great, I guess." I said laughing hysterically. "If you wake up in middle of the night and find flying, fried chickens with big, red eyes in your room, can you wake me up? That way I can stick some in the fridge and I will have dinner all ready for tomorrow night...."


Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm....CHICKEN!!

11 comments:

The Cochran Family said...

Wow that looks good, "feel like fried chicken tongiht, Seth?" Too funny....

Amanda B. said...

that's a good one! You know, I remember being in elementary school and my friends telling spooky stories that I totally believed and it would freak me out for a very long time. At least is turned out to be just flying fried chicken with red eyes! ha ha!

AnnieC said...

Kids!!! :) Emily is a storyteller too. She had a little boy in her class convinced that she could squeeze a skunk & get penguin eggs!! Not only that, I guess our house has buried treasure too! lol :)

dawn klinge said...

:0 That is a crazy story! What an imagination on that girl!

Suburban Correspondent said...

It's amazing how they will listen to some dumb kid their own age rather than to you, isn't it?

Kathy said...

Wow, flying fried chickens! Who would've known? Kids can come up with some of the strangest things.


www.kathy-iamwhoiam.blogspot.com

Leah said...

The idea of flying fried chickens with red eyes scares me far more than a ghost with red eyes does! LOL That's pretty funny. And terrifying all at the same time; we thought Jared was pretty wild with his imagination, but he either hasn't quite reached his full potential, or Claire has a major leg up on him. LOL!!

Bonnie the Boss said...

My vote goes to the fact that Claire is really crazy. Isn't it hard sometimes to let kids just be kids.

Family Adventure said...

I don't know what I'd be more scared of....ghosts or fried chicken with glowing red eyes :)

Heidi

Mom said...

Yum chicken, I have to a agree Crazy is a good word for her friend. lol

Mrs. Blimes said...

ha ha ha hee hee hee ha ha...thats all there is to say about this one.