Monday, May 5, 2008

Happy Birthday, Mikaily!!

We are back from our weekend at Disney. We had so much fun!! Disney is definitely the most expensive magical place on earth!

We got there shortly before Epcot opened. We ran over to guest services to find out when the Princesses would be making their appearances and to get Mikaily her birthday button. We ended up being the first ones on the Nemo and friends ride. This ride is slow moving. You climb into this clam shell car and you move along a track....slower than the speed your Grandma can walk. Then Nemo and his friends are on these screens and they talk to each other and yada yada yada......pretty mellow, right? Well, at one point it got dark and this is what Kaily looked like......

My poor little wussy girl. She wasn't so much into riding rides. She just wanted to see princess.....

After Princess......

After Princess......

And....can you guess it......??? MORE Princess....

(Do you think that the princesses come out of the womb with their left toe slightly pointed, holding their umbilical cord slightly out and up with their left hand??)

Princess fever started to rub off on me, though. By the time we were to Belle, I had this big, goofy grin on my face and found myself fighting the urge to run up and hug her and tell her how pretty her yellow dress was. I figured it would make me look a little pervy though, so I didn't.

There is this one spot (The Coca-Cola store) where you can try different sodas that people drink all over the world.

(That's a Birthday kiss from Snow White on her cheek, just FYI)
There was this one from Italy that was N-A-S-T-Y!! It was super bitter. So, naturally, I called Mikaily over and was like "Ohhh, you should try this one!" She did....she spit it out. I laughed. Then, she turned around and was like "Tracy (that's my sister that went with us) you should try this one!!" and she tried to doop Tracy into to trying it. Ha! I was so proud. Tracy had tried it before, so she didn't fall for it. But, it was a GREAT try.

For those who don't know, they are doing something called the "Year of a million dreams" at Disney right now. They do things like give random people Mickey Mouse dolls all the way up to giving away a night at the suite in Cinderellas castle that was made for Walt Disney himself. So, at one point, the year of a million dreams guy came up to us while we were in the "It's a Small World" line and asked us if we were having fun. We all said "Yes." Then he says "Ok, well, come on!" He takes us out of line. He walks us into this building (At which point my sister leans forward to me and says "Is he taking us to the front of the line, or is he going to kill us??") He ended up taking us up to the little booth where the person sits that makes the boats go once everyone is seated and ready. They announced to everyone that Mikaily was there to help out. She got to stand up there and wave to all of the people in the boats as they went under the booth.

She LOVED it!

We ended up being there ALL day. We rode one of the boats and the Captain had everyone sing to Mikaily. We got to see two parades, ride lots of rides, eat some yummy treats and Goofy even called twice to wish/sing her Happy Birthday!


I threw together a slide show for those of you who want to look at more pictures. We had TONS of fun, but now I think I need a vacation!!


17 comments:

Amanda B. said...

Happy Birthday, Mikaily! I still can't believe she is 8. What an awesome weekend! I am sure she will remember it forever. I can't tell you how happy it makes me to see her smile and looking so big and healthy. I remember her scary first days!

dawn klinge said...

I'm sure this birthday be a wonderful memory that Mikaily will cherish for years to come.

Heather said...

I think we're ready for Disney. We were waiting until Luke turned 5, which he does in a couple of weeks. I think there's a window where it really is magical for them, and if we miss it I will be so sad.

girlymom said...

WOW what a day! That's amazing that you got pulled out of line and all the special treatment, what a birthday to remember!
HaPpY BiRtHdAy MiKaIlY!!

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday!!!! She will never forget this birthday, I know I would never forget it, Great photos!

Family Adventure said...

The BEST way for a girl to spend her 8th birthday is at Disney World.

Happy Day, Mikaily!!

Heidi

Cecily R said...

Happiest birthday Mikaily!!!

LOve all the princess pics!!

The Cochran Family said...

awww you get greatest mom on earth award for that b-day trip...i mean common! Eight...old fart :) that girl has come a long way!!! Happy Birthday!!

Kathy said...

Happy birthday Mikaily! It looks like everyone had a blast. I've never been to Florida so I love to see pictures and everything. Glad you had fun. Certainly a birthday to remember!

www.kathy-iamwhoiam.blogspot.com

Cynical Nymph said...

Seeing all those princesses makes me want to go to Disney World RIGHT. NOW. NOW. I will never forget the time I met Snow White. I was four, and it ranked right up there with my damn wedding day.

Mom said...

What a wonderful experience for her. I am 36 and I am jealous!

onthegomom said...

Happy Birthday Mikaily!!! It sounds like a wonderful day! :-)

Leah said...

HOW STINKIN' FUN FOR HER!!!!!!!!! And Happy Birthday to her as well. What a great time

Kellan said...

What fun - what great pictures!! I hope Mikaily had a wonderful Birthday and I hope you have a great Mother's Day - see you soon - Kellan

Anonymous said...

sounds awesome... lucky girls.

and don't you just love when you can trick your children into doing things? like trying yucky foods? ha. Only I, being the great mother that I am, ahem, make them try it first, so as to see if it's safe for me to drink.

HA

One Scrappy Gal said...

Looks like it was such an awesome experience!!

Happy birthday Mikaily!! Nothing beats a birthday at Disney World!! :)

Autumn said...

What great pictures. I'm sure she will remember most of the details from this birthday!!! HOW FUN!!