Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Did You Miss Me???

Wow! I have been a really bad blogger friend. I seem to be having a hard time finding time to not only write on my own, but to actually read others. I have been having a pretty bad day though, so I decided to sit down and write a little and then
browse through some blogs and see if I can find one that will make me laugh.

Today started out crappy. I guess I messed up my alarm somehow last night when I went to bed and I woke up 14 minutes before Mikaily had to be on the bus. I must say, I very much impressed myself when I actually got her up, dressed, somewhat fed and on the bus! I know!! I am sooo GOOOOOOOOD! I say "somewhat fed" because she only ate 2/3 of a frozen waffle that had been microwaved (which is how she likes it because she likes hers to be soggy. I think that may be even more disgusting than the way Evan likes his, which is straight out of the freezer. When he says he wants a frozen waffle, he means a FROZEN waffle.) I wasn't too worried, since it was an early release day I knew she would be home by lunch time.

When I sprung up and out of bed when I saw what time it was, I ran directly into the kitchen to finish packing Kaily's lunch. I didn't go pee first, which is what I normally do because otherwise I know that by the time it hits me that I have to pee, I will be doing the pee pee dance trying to get my pants pulled down. So, guess what? I ended up doing the pee pee dance while I was tyring to get my pants pulled down. I didn't take the time to even flip the light on when I ran into the bathroom. I had gone into the kids bathroom because that one is closer to the kitchen. Dumb move. I ran in, flung my pants down and plopped myself down on the toilet and.....SPLASH!!!! DANG EVAN!!! He has decided that he is a big boy and he pees standing up, but he still hasn't quite figured out that he is supposed to put the toilet seat DOWN when he is done. I haven't cleaned that toilet in more than a week. That'll teach me.

At least I got Mikaily onto the bus.

I decided that I wanted to bake something. When I am feeling icky baking always seems to help me feel better. So, I headed off to the store this morning because I didn't have any vanilla (Evan got ahold of the bottle the last time I was letting him help me and he "forgot" he had it in his hand and somehow managed to fling the entire contents of the bottle across the kitchen). Which reminds me. I don't think I blogged about Evan and his little imaginary friend. He has an imaginary friend named Alyssa. She came along about the time Kyle started school and Evan was home for a few hours without him. Apparently, Alyssa had a birthday and being the most amazing mom that I am, I made her an impromptu birthday cake.



It made Evan so happy. He wanted to hold the cake for a picture.

Unfortunately when you have one adult taking a picture and the other one making sure the 3 year old doesn't drop the cake, you don't keep a close enough eye on the baby (who hasn't had nay sugar yet since it is the house rule that babies don't get any sort of cake or cookies or sweets until their first birthday) and she sneaks up from behind..... (see the top, left corner of the cake in the first picture?)


So much for that rule.

Oh, and speaking of my cutie baby. I can't believe she is going to be one in a few weeks!!! She has started taking steps on her own.

She is still pretty wobbly. I don't know if I would really consider her walking yet, but she can take a couple of steps and then catch her balance and then take a few more. So, I guess that probably counts??

Another little trick she has picked up on recently is signing. I sign to all of my children. I think it helps to reduce fit throwing and all of that, but mostly I do it because it makes me looks like a great mom. :) Here she is signing "more."


Ok, so back to the strip to the grocery store now....

Florida needs rain.....badly. There are fires burning all over the place. Thankfully none of them are close to us yet. So as I was driving out of my neighborhood, there was a little old man.....sitting in a lawn chair....with a garden hose in his hand.....spraying his lawn. He was just sitting there in this chair on his driveway spraying his lawn. I wonder how long he had been there for. Now that is devotion.....or craziness. Take your pick. I guess I shouldn't really be talking about the weird things people are doing to help save their lawns considering the fact that mine looks like this....


Granted, most of that big, dead spot is in my neighbors yard, but it seems to be getting bigger and bigger by the day. We aren't sure exactly what is causing it. My theory is that that is where the neighbors' rats dogs pee everyday. All I know is that lawn is sooo far down on my 'to do' list..... I wonder if that little old man is for hire.

So I ended up going to Target today, too. I LOVE Target. I wish I could marry target. I ended up getting a whole new summer wardrobe for Alaina. Which she needed because she is growing like a weed.

I am one of those people that ends up putting like a gazillion things in my cart and then I kinda look through them as I wander around and then decide I don't like this or that so much anymore, so I just fling it on whatever shelf I am standing next to. I figure it is someone's job to walk around the store and pick up all those things so, really, it's like I am putting food on someone's plate when I do that, right??

This has turned out to be a totally and completely random post here. Ummmmmmm, yeah. Oh well. I guess I will go read a few blogs and then I have a dirty toilet that is calling my name.

11 comments:

dawn klinge said...

Yes...I missed you! It was so nice to read random things about your day. You tell them in such a funny way. Sorry you're having a bad day. I must admit...I laughed about the splashing in the toilet incident- now it's probably going to happen to me...karma ;)

Delena said...

Beautiful cake. Looks like a pro decorated that. And what a good mom for making that for the imaginary friend :) Bummer about the toilet. I know how a toilet can look in one week!!!

Amanda B. said...

I have had days like this....

Funny stories! The toilet especially! And, what an awesome mom to make a cake for an imaginary friend!! I'm impressed!
I do the signing too- it is a wonderful thing!!!!

Kellan said...

Adorable pictures - you kids are so cute!! I love that you want to marry Target - tee hee! I'm one of those people that flings stuff on shelves throughout the store too - for the same reasons as you - we are bad!

Nice to see you - I have missed you. Take care- Kellan

Unknown said...

I was wondering were you have been. (Okay not really becasue I have also been MIA for a week) I too could marry Target, my hubby growns when I tell him I need to go there. :)

I laughed outloud at the toilet thing only because I have done the same thing. Mine was in the middle of the night after nursing a baby. Yea that woke me right up!! Nothing like cold toilet water on your butt to get you going! :)

I jsut discovered this week that my 3 yr old also has an imaginary friend, his name is Jeffery. If we lived on the same side of the country we could get them together to play so they wouldn't have to make people up! :)
Hope today is better!

Leah said...

yay, you're back!

And wow, those pictures of the baby don't have her looking much like a BABY anymore! I guess it's been awhile since I've seen pics of HER.

The cake is FAB! The flowers in the corner are awesome! I have no clue how to do that... And how sweet that it's for his invisible friend Alyssa! Emily has "nice witch" who popped up about the time she was three (and she'd seen wizard of oz for the first time)and we still have her join us from time to time... Funny how some kisd create friends for themselves!!

sucks about the toilet! I did that once as a kid and hope NEVER to repeat the experience again

Family Adventure said...

Gorgeous cake!

I wish I'd signed to my children, it really does look beyond cool when children are signing to their parents before they can speak properly.

Heidi

Mrs. Blimes said...

your blog always makes me laugh val! ya know, i think lulu looks a whole lot like you, especially her eyes. Anyway, i heard about our special baptism assignment! sounds like a party!

Cecily R said...

I DID miss you and your great stories!!! The potty story is AWESOME.

The cake is fab. My cakes look like a three year old frosted them.

Love all the pictures. Your little one is ADORABLE. Happy Birthday to her in a few weeks!

One Scrappy Gal said...

Love the photos!! Too cute!

Today is only my son's second day of school and I woke up 30 minutes before the bus was going to arrive! Yikes! I got him brushed/dressed/fed and his lunch packed with seconds to spare! I didn't know I could move that fast!! :)

Bonnie the Boss said...

Despite all the regular everyday stuff. Put that all aside. You are a great mom and have the most adorable kids. I just want to kiss them and squish on them. Mine are getting too old for all that.