Monday, May 19, 2008

My FABULOUS Bag

I got tagged (via e-mail) for one of those purse memes where you show everyone what you drag around in your purse with you everyday. I wrote on my blog last November about my amazingly wonderful diaper bag, so I figured I would just repost it and count it as the meme. It probably is very similar to what is in the bag today,anyways. I am not going to officially tag anyone for this meme, if you haven't already done it and you want to, then TAG! You're it!

This is my diaper bag....



Isn't it pretty? I LOVE this bag. I want to marry this bag (That is if I wasn't already married to a wonderful man. Love you sweetie!!) It is red. It is shiny. It is youthful. It is eye-catching. It is, in a word, FABULOUS!!! It is everything I want to be. Ok, well I don't want to be red. That would probably mean I had a really bad sunburn. Been there, done that. Not going back, thank you very much. Well, and I guess I don't want to be shiny either. In fact, I pay good money for cleansers to keep me from being shiny. But you get my point. I hope.

So, this amazing bag of mine is impressive in more ways than one. It still looks marvelous from the outside after being carted around everywhere I go and it is big enough that it can hold all the crap that I needlessly cart around with me. See....



The contents of my bag consists of:
4 pens (1 that didn't work)
1 UNSHARPENED pencil (maybe I could poke someones eye out if they tried to mug me..??)
3 stickers (2 were transformers and one was veggie tales)
2 things of lip gloss
1 tube of chap stick...cherry flavored, of course.
1 coconut lip butter (from The Body Shop...best lip stuff EVER!! Only problem is it tastes so good I usually just lick it off as soon as I put it on!!)
1 watch (That never gets worn because it just becomes a toy for my baby and then my wrist ends up covered in baby slobber)
1 rattle (Sassy rocks!)
1 small, toy dog
61 cents (see, mugging me would be a mistake. You would end up with 61 cents and only one eye)
1 hair clip (the big claw kind. I am not sure why I have this. I don't even use this kind of hair clip!)
3 rubber bands (essential for the "baby likes to yank the hair out of your head" phase of you baby's life)
3 kids games
some cheese and peanut butter crackers
1 bottle nipple and a 2 oz bottle of premade formula (even though my baby drinks double that)
1 electronic 20 questions game (I LOVE this little thing. Very handy for waiting in the doctor's offices)
1(?????) plastic link (don't ask me what I was expecting a child to do with 1 link)
2 pacifiers (neither of which were in containers so they are both covered in "bottom of your diaper bag" crumbly stuff....kinda makes it pointless to have them)
a PLETHORA of old receipts (mostly from Target...can I get a hoot hoot??)
1 crinkly baby book
2 baggies stuffed full of wipes (Yup, 2. One for changing diapers and one because I am an experienced mom and know that in the course of 1 trip to the grocery store you can use wipes approx. 32 times... i.e. wiping shopping cart, wiping little hands after they run their fingers down the side of the dirty car in the parking lot, wiping off baby spit up, wiping faces after eating free samples of BBQ chicken, wiping off my hand after catching the BBQ chicken sample that was being spit out.....you get my drift.)
5 diapers (4 in my baby's size and one for my niece when I have her)
1 travel size bottle of lotion
1 small bottle of water...half empty...or shall I say, half full :)
an empty tic tac container *shrugging shoulders*
1 box of crayons (cause you never know when you are going to need to color something!!)
an old grocery list
1 bib (at least it was clean!!)
my wallet
1 old man finger puppet
1 thing of dinosaur flip cards (my 5 year old is wacky over dinos)
2 easy reader books
and last, but certainly not least, a bag of jumbo sized jet-puffed marshmallows (cause ya never know when you're gonna need something to bribe the kids with!!)

After carting all of this crap around, you'd think I would have better biceps. Oh well. C'est la vie.

13 comments:

dawn klinge said...

That is a fabulous bag...and you are prepared for ANYTHING!

Cecily R said...

WHERE are all the half eaten cookies and crumbs and tissue wads?

Your diaper bag is WAY too fabulous. :)

Beth Cotell said...

W.O.W. That's a lot of stuff!

Leah said...

I tagged you via blog for this one quite some time ago... LOL silly girl

Still lvoe how much you have in there. You'd never know from the looks of the first picture!! LOL

Anonymous said...

Your diaper bag is so cool and shiny!!

I had a backpack I used for years... and it recently got a small hole on the bottom. So I got another bag that matched the stroller... but that was too tiny. Ended up splurging on a Vera Bradley baby bag and love it!! Once the kids outgrow the diaper bag...it's going to become my overnight tote!! :)

desirae said...

I loved this blog.. All the stuff that every mom MUST HAVE.. lol.. It's good to know that in case of an emergency (like a traffic jam) not only would you be able to feed your kids, but you would also be able to keep them entertained..

Mrs. Blimes said...

yes yes you do have the most fab bag ever, id hate to dump my purse out right now, its been so long theres prob something living in it!

Amanda B. said...

yep- sounds about like my diaper bag- except for the giant bag of marshmallows. That is pretty funny! :)

Mom said...

Holy bag of stuff Batman!!!!

Kellan said...

That is a great bag and it is a FULL-OF-A-LOT-OF-STUFF-BAG!!

Nice to see you Valarie - take care - Kellan

Shan said...

That is one impressive bag. You could restart civilization from that bag if you had to.

Family Adventure said...

Wow! That is a whole lotta STUFF!

Love the bag,

Heidi

Autumn said...

One VERY impressive bag. Love the bold color.