Friday, December 28, 2007

The Most Adorable Niece in the World!!

I have, in the last couple of years, had many, many people ask me why in the world I would want to have so many children (I still say 4 is a "normal" sized family). "The world is such a horrible place to raise children these days."...."Children are sooo expensive." "Having more than 2 is just way too frustrating for me." Ok, that is fine. That is your prerogative and wanting a whole slew is mine. Well, today I was sitting in my family room, folding some laundry, and heard this LOUD scream come from the toy room. I hopped up and ran (as fast as my chubby little legs could carry me) into the room and found this....... (WARNING: Video contains decent amount of screaming.....adjust your volume accordingly :) )


That is my niece who will be one next week. She absolutely loves her cousin Kyle. Obviously she thinks he is the funniest thing on the planet. He would build up a small tower of blocks, knock it over and scream at the same time and she would laugh so hard she could barely breathe.

So, for all of those who are reading this that have asked me (or anyone else for that matter) WHY I have a herd of small children, that video is the answer.

And just FYI.....Devyn actually laughed harder after I had made the little video...in fact, she laughed so hard she actually spit up a little. It was oddly adorable. :)

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow, too cute. I too, have 4... all boys I might add. So people tend to ask me the opposite... are you going to try for a girl? Are you nuts? Just so I can have 5 boys?! Umm, no thank you (not that I don't already... with my husband being one.. oh - I mean 6, new dog on the way... you guessed it - it's a boy!)

dawn klinge said...

Oh, that is so cute!

Anonymous said...

That is so cute! doesn't it make you want to have another one? You can never have too many :)

Cecily R said...

Those are the moments, aren't they? I love being a mom and even though I admit that I do get nervous about raising them in this world, I know my life would be empty without them. Your neice is absolutely adorable!!

By the way, how come people feel like they are allowed to ask you such personal questions anyway? It's like asking about your stand on birth control or something...

Dawn said...

Awwww LOL! You can't help but smile when you watch that! Too cute!

Kathy said...

How adorable, that is too cute!! My daughter loved it too. Glad you had a Merry Christmas!

www.kathy-iamwhoiam.blogspot.com

Family Adventure said...

Love the video, but love your post even more...though I can't believe people are rude enough to ask why you'd want so many kids, seeing as you *already have them*.

I say, go for it! And keep posting those videos for the rest of us!

Happy New Year!

Heidi :)

Leah said...

baby belly laughs are about the most adorable sounds on the planet. My family does everything in our power to get Connor busting up laughing. We had him laughing so hard the other day, he wasn't making a single sound, and then fell over! LOL!

Your niece looks (and sounds!) adorable!

One Scrappy Gal said...

I will never understand people who feel the need to voice their stupid little opinions on what people do and how they live their lives. I don't care what anyone else does... why can't they be just as respectful? But I digress... if I want a gaggle of kids too.. it's my life. Expenses, college funds, etc. somehow things always manage to work themselves out. I agree that nothing compares to baby laughs and giggles. I wish I could bottle it up!

Unknown said...

I get that question all the time. (I have even asked myself on occasion) As soon as you hear those giggles or laughs or your kids being so sweet to each other I know why I have 5 kids.

Christina