Monday, November 3, 2008

TrIcK-Or-tReAt, sMeLl mY fEeT!

Halloween is one of my favorite holidays, second only to Christmas. I love picking out costumes and carving pumpkins. I love getting my children all dressed up and watching how excited they are to go around, begging candy from perfect strangers.

This year was slightly different. Evan was still not fully recovered from whatever bug had knocked him out a few days earlier. Kaily and Kyle came home from school all excited, but by dinner time, Kyle was complaining that his tummy hurt. Poor little guy. We got them all dressed and ready and snapped just a few pics before Kyle had to start running to the bathroom every 15 minutes. Since he obviously couldn't come with us, we took his bucket around and the neighbors all made sure to give him a little extra for when he felt better.

We are planning on putting them all back in their costumes again next weekend to try and get a few more pics. But for now, here they are....in all their Superhero glory!








21 comments:

Mrs. Blimes said...

i wish i coulda trick-or-treated with those crazy cuties!!! looks like it was "super" fun! get it??? hee hee

Amanda B. said...

oh....too darn cute!!! Sorry about the bug going around! Poor guys...hope it passes soon and doesn't go through everybody!!! Yikes!

Jennifer said...

You have the cutest bunch of super heros ever! Jason was home for this round of the "bug" right?! You already earned your award so he got to earn his this time! Miss you guys!

Porters said...

The girl super heros were a big hit this year. My favorite part to those costumes are the boots and your girls wear them well. You have a great bunch of super heros and I hope that bug doesn't hit everyone.

Valarie said...

Quesas- We wish you could have been here, too. Maybe next year you can bring your baby and come with us!
Jennifer- Jason got home late on Friday night. I did this round, too.
Rebecca- I had to totally re-do Laney's boots. When I took them out of the package they were the same size as Mikaily's!! They definitely make the outfit. And the bug, unfortunately, has hit us all. :(

Anonymous said...

I love the costumes!! I'm glad to see I'm not the only one that does a family theme. Too cute!! :)

Kellan said...

Your kids look just darling - love the super hero theme - too cute!

Have a good week - Kellan

dawn klinge said...

Those are the cutest little superheroes!

The Cochran Family said...

Well you deserve some award for the cutest kids ever! I swear if your kids where any better lookin, you would be accused of stealing them from Brad Pitt and Angelina J. !!! Dang maybe even cuter!

Bonnie the Boss said...

Super cute kids!!! (Pun intended) I love all the pics but I think the last one is my favorite!!!

Jenny said...

I just L-O-V-E when you can "theme" your children together...doesn't it just make you giddy! They all look adorable! Poor kiddos and the stupid bug! I hope you're all feeling better!

Bondfam said...

AWWW! They look sooo adorable! Love the superhero theme. Sorry about the yuckies. It's no fun being sick, especially when candy is involved.

Bondfam said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Leah said...

well, that is just CUTE!!!! (who's supergirl?)

Valarie said...

Leah- Supergirl is my adorable niece. :)

Erynn Marie said...

Okay, all cute. But I have to say. Laney? Wonder Woman? It's almost racy! And she pulls it off suspiciously well.

Kim said...

Aww, too cute!

Kaci said...

AWHHH bunch of cuties!! :) XOXO

Unknown said...

great costumes!

Shan said...

Okay the cutest bunch of super heroes I have ever seen. Love love love wonder woman! I was pretty sure I was wonder woman when I was a kid.

shannon said...

oh, i love the superhero costumes! how fun...i love Kyle's Iron Man!