Monday, November 10, 2008

This One's for Marquesas!!

This weekend, my sisters and I are heading up to my brother's house. His beautiful wife is pregnant and we are all going up there for her shower. I can't wait!!

In honor of this special event, I have decided to dedicate this post to Marquesas (my SIL).

This is just a short list of some of the things that my children have taught me in the last 8 years. I look forward to the day when I can read your list, Marquesas!!

Ten Things I Have Learned From My Children:

1. If someone tries to take your picture, make a funny face. It's the law!

2. If all of your friends are doing it, it might not be the safest or smartest thing to do, but it sure as heck is gonna be fun!!

3. If the food is not smeared all over the place, you aren't really enjoying it.

4. Dance like no one's watching. It's more fun that way!!!

5. If you have 4 children uner the age of 8 and your house is quiet...be afraid. Be very, very afraid!

6. No matter how much the child enjoys being licked by their dog, he does not enjoy being licked back.

7. If you want to insult someone, all you have to do is follow up a with the word "butt" at the end.

8. Boys always have the longest, thickest eyelashes......and no, it isn't fair!!

9. You can lead a child to toilet, but you can't make him pee!

10. It is possible to remember more of a foreign language learned from watching children's TV than remember what was learned from the 2 years of a foreign language you took in high school.

13 comments:

Mrs. Blimes said...

hee hee I LOVE IT!!! My very own post!!! and i actually made first comment!?! im pretty sure that's NEVER happened for me on your blog before!!!
you are awesome val!!! i can't wait to see what my list is either!!!

btw why do guys get all the lashes???

Unknown said...

Hee Hee #7 is my favortie. It seems the kids never outgrow it either. In fact the oldest child in my house (AKA Dad) still laughs at any joke with the word "butt" in it. :)

dawn klinge said...

That list was so funny, and true! ;)

Beth Cotell said...

What a great list! And they are all oh so true!

Bondfam said...

So, so true!!!! Thanks for the laugh!

AnnieC said...

I am with you on #5...be VERY afraid!!!

Brenda said...

So very true!!! I totally relate to the picture one...I don't have many (if any) of my boys looking at the camera and smiling! They either look away or make a silly face! Thanks for making me laugh!

Bonnie the Boss said...

So true, so true!!!! That was a great post. I can't even choose which one I love most because they all apply.

Amanda B. said...

So very true! all of them! :) Enjoy the shower and good luck to her with her new baby!

Sugar Mommy said...

LOVE THEM LOVE THEM LOVE THEM! So true!
I left you something over at Adventures of Sugar Mommy! Check it out!

Betsy Hart said...

Those are all so totally true. Thanks for sharing your list. Maybe I might just be inspired enough to do one of my own. :)

Just me said...

Those are great! #5. is *so* true and it still holds true when you have four children under 11!!

Shan said...

Number 9 totally applies at our house right now. As often as I lead her to the toilet, nothing ever happens.