Monday, October 20, 2008

My Weekend (in a nutshell)

This past weekend we had some friends that came down to visit from Ohio. We went over to Orlando and went to Disney World and Sea World and hung out in the hotel and went swimming and just had a really, really good time. I can't wait to see you guys again!
Now, I am way too tired to type out any details. So, if you have any question or are wondering about any of the pictures, either ask me in a comment and I will answer after I catch up on my beauty rest or you can just make up a story and go with that. K??



Kyle is a total and complete Dinosaur freak! Last week, they opened up a restaurant at Downtown Disney called T-Rex Cafe. We figured it would be the PERFECT Birthday present for him. It. was. awesome! The dinosaurs are life-size and they move and ROAR and the ceiling is made to look like you are sitting under a huge tree canopy. Then, every-so-often, the lights dim and they make it look like you are in a meteor shower (which Mikaily kept calling the "meat-eater" shower). The staff was impressed that Kyle knew the names of all of the dinosaurs (including pachycephalosaurus and parasaurolophus). The food was slightly overpriced (as is all of Disney) but really good. If you are ever in the area, I definitely recommend it.

10 comments:

dawn klinge said...

Those slide shows were so cool! You probably already know how incredibly lucky you are to live near such fun places to visit. What a great place for a birthday.

Jennifer said...

I am sure the kids LOVED seeing each other again! It looks like ya'll had a blast! Watching your slideshow makes me excited for Disneyland this Christmas!!!

Hey, were did the girls learn to hula like that?! Did you and Debby teach them or was that Jason and Eric?

Kaily's hair has gotten so long. I love it!

Porters said...

Your slide show make me excited for this coming spring, we are going to DisneyWorld with some friends and are really looking forward to it. We have taken the girls to Disneyland but I hear world is much bigger. Get your rest you really need it after that weekend!

Leah said...

awesome pics! about halfway through was the most perfect picture of four kids I've ever seen. they're all looking, they're all happy, they're all standing nicely together. however did you manage it?????

Valarie said...

Leah- We were at DISNEY WORLD...it really IS a magical place. ;)

Jenny said...

I'm jelous! Oh how I wish that we could take Ali to Disney World! While I watched the slides, I kept thinking how Ali would be so excited to see the different characters! I'm glad you had a fun weekend. I couldn't watch the dinosaur movie for some reason, but it sounds awesome!

Kaci said...

Awhhh love the pics! I should of hitched a ride and came along! LOL! :)

Anonymous said...

I wish I had that close enough to me for a weekend! Looks like you guys ahad an awesome time.

Kellan said...

That T-Rex Cafe is very cool! Sea World and Disney World - that is a busy, fun weekend!!

Take care - Kellan

Damama T said...

I love your slide shows! They enspire me to want to think about maybe digging up some of my kids old pics and doing a couple. Someday. LOL! Who? Me? Procrastination? NAAAHHHH!!!

Seriously - what a great way to showcase such good times together.