Monday, June 9, 2008

This Years Must-Have Birthday Accessory: Polka Dots!!

Last Thursday, my baby woke up looking like this...

COVERED IN SPOTS!!!!! I ran her to the doctor to get her checked out and it turns out it's hives. Although, these are not hives caused by any sort of allergic reaction, they are hives caused by a virus. Now, normally this wouldn't be such a huge deal to me, except for the fact that LANEY'S FIRST BIRTHDAY WAS LESS THAN 48 HOURS AWAY!! Go figure!! Thankfully, with a little Benadryl and a LOT or praying, by Saturday morning the hives were more of a light pink color and hardly noticeable.

I can't believe it has been an entire year! Does anyone have a tissue?? I still get all choked up thinking about what a big girl she is.


We had some family come into town and, since Laney loves the water so much, I threw her a little pool party.




To go along with the pool party theme, I decided to make cupcakes. In fact, I ended up making over 40 cupcakes!!!



We don't give our babies any kind of sweets before their first birthday, so the first real treat they get is their cake. Laney didn't really know what to make of it at first. She stared at it for a minute....then she kinda pushed it around with her finger. She got a little icing on her finger and licked it... and she absolutely LOVED it!! She smeared it all over herself and actually ended up eating almost the entire cupcake.



She had a blast opening her presents. Ok, well, so she didn't so much OPEN her presents as she did climb on and suck them.


Po-Tay-toe.......Pa-tah-toe!!
She got a cute little outfit from her Aunt Jello that, coincidentally, matched an outfit that her cousin has!! :)

I think they may be the two cutest babies, EVER!! (And that is a totally and completely unbiased opinion).

We went outside after dark and played with sparklers.....and by we, I mean the adults. :) The kids came outside with us, but they are all too chicken to hold a sparkler, so we frolicked around in the cul-de-sac skipping and twirling. It was fun.




Happy Birthday to the most beautiful, sweetest little psycho baby there ever was!! I love you, my little Laney.

19 comments:

Amanda B. said...

Happy Birthday, Laney! First birthdays are the best! Those cupcakes are incredible!! I want one (or two or three or four!!!:)) What a bummer about the virus- I am glad she is alright!

Leah said...

Happy birthday Laney!!

Scary about those red spots! That must have just freaked you out!

CUTE cupcakes! I'm so impressed!!!

dawn klinge said...

Happy Birthday Laney! That looks like a fun party..and some really cute cupcakes.

Beth Cotell said...

Happy Birthday Laney! So sorry she had to suffer through the spots - glad they are gone.

And those cupcakes are sooooo cute!

Cecily R said...

*Spots: I would have freaked too!! I'm glad they were less serious than they seemed at first.

*She is one of the cutest birthday girls ever.

*Cupcakes: Adorable. I am impressed. I can barely frost a cupcake.

HAPPIEST BIRTHDAY LANEY!!

Kellan said...

Happy Birthday Laney - what a cutie! And those cupcakes were adorable - you outdid yourself - cute! What a fun day!!

Nice to see you - I've missed you - see you soon - Kellan

Bonnie the Boss said...

Happy Birthday Laney!!! The pictures are sooo cute. She is vey adorable.
BTW As a child got hives all the time from a virus. I still get them very occasionally now. A couple of times when I was first pregnant. Like I had hives even before I knew I was pregnant. Anyway, not a whole lot of fun.
The cup cakes were amazing!!

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday Laney!!

P.S. Your cupcakes are AWESOME!! How long did they take you to make?!!

The Cochran Family said...

I can not beleive it has been a year, it has gone so fast. I remeber sitting at computer listening to you adn Sarah tlak about your pregnancies (myspace)and then birth's and now that has been a year! I'm glad you had such a fun family birthday! So cool...and those cupcakes are awesome!!!! How in the world..is that all icing? How did you get there heads so round and the hair so stringy? Cute cute!

Delena said...

I love, love, LOVE those cupcakes. You totally get mom of the year for those!

Mrs. Blimes said...

yay! we made the photos!!!

Mom said...

How cute are those cupcakes!!!! Love them!

Melissa said...

oh those cupcakes were so cute! And thankgoodness she got better in time for the party!

Unknown said...

she looks as sweet as those cupcakes do!

Glad she was all polka dot free by party time! Happy 1st birthday!

Kari said...

She's so cute! She looks A LOT like MiKaily! (Sorry, I'm not sure if I spelled that right.) Happy Birthday baby girl!

OHmommy said...

Those cupcakes.

Are.

the.

Coolest.

Ever!!!!!!!!!!!!

OHmommy said...

Happy birthday!

desirae said...

She's adorable.. Polka Dots and all.. I loved the cupcakes.. Super cute.. What kind of virus was it? Hopefully not Contagious. Can you imagine a whole passel of Polka Dotted kids?? (You might have had to change the theme of the party.)

Sabrina said...

Cute pictures! The polka dot one is alittle frightening! How odd looking! lol