Wednesday, June 25, 2008

T.M.I.


It is Sunday Morning.

I usually teach a class at church, but I am sick this particular Sunday. So, I decide to call my friend (who I know is a sucker and can't say no...hehe) and ask her if she will cover for me.

She has a little boy who is barely 4 (who I will call Charlie).

RING.......RING.......RING.......

Charlie: Hello!! (this was abnormal, because I know that normally, Charlie would not be allowed to answer the phone)
Me: Hi Charlie! Is your Mommy there?
Charlie: Who is this??
Me: This is your Mommy's friend. Can I talk to her, please?
Charlie: No. She is in the shower right now.
Me: Oh, ok. Well, can I talk to your Daddy? (I assumed he must be right there beside Charlie)
Charlie: No.
Me: No?! I bet if you call your Daddy he will come and get the phone from you.
Charlie: No he won't. He is in the shower, too.


I told my friend about this when I talked to her later in the week. She said they were NOT in the shower together and that Charlie must have been right by the phone and picked it up before they even heard it ring.

Yea, likely story!! ;)

17 comments:

the dragonfly said...

Gotta love kids. :)

Mom said...

OMG, too funny!

Don Mills Diva said...

Heh.

A likely story indeed!

Unknown said...

ROFLMAO...

dawn klinge said...

Very funny!

Kellan said...

What an adorable story!!

Have a good evening - Kellan

desirae said...

I can literally feel that mom's horror when you relayed that conversation back to her.. I bet she's already looking into boarding schools (or at least answering machines that pick up on the first ring..) Too Funny.. Busted..

Anonymous said...

I'd have been mortified and denied it too!! EEK!

Unknown said...

A least he is an honest kid! Right? I don't believe him either :)

Family Adventure said...

HAHAHA!! That is great.

Heidi :)

Suburban Correspondent said...

That reminds me of the Saturday when Larry and I were both sick and we both collapsed for a nap around noon and a neighbor came to the door and our toddler greeted her with, "Mommy and Daddy are in the bed!"

The Cochran Family said...

LOL! That's great....I think we are all just jeolous that we would want to do that! :)

Delena said...

Oh, Lord, Please don't let that ever happen to me!!!!

Mrs. Blimes said...

i officially dub you the comment queen!

ps we'll "practice" w/your brood anythime yall wanna send em our way!

Amanda B. said...

That is so unbelievable funny. I can only imagine how that mother wants to DIE whether true or not! That is one to remember. ha ha ha! Still laughing! :)

Bonnie the Boss said...

Hilarious!!! what did you expect her to say. I wouldn't have admitted to that. Okay, depending on who it was I might have. Too funny.

Anonymous said...

OK you don't know me but this is when you lock a child in their room so they can't tell all of your family secrets. I am a Sunday school teacher and I can tell you the entire class probably heard how they were having a shower at the same time too. True or not they think everyone needs to hear what goes on in their home right before church!