Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Is It Just Me, Or Are You Glad That It's January Too?!?

The past couple of weeks have been so crazy. I know, it's that way for everyone during the holidays.

Remember when I posted about cutting Evan's hair?? I was completely distraught over the demise of his magnificent curls. Well, I have seen a new light. I now look at the whole experience in a different way. I feel as though it must have been inspired. Why, you ask.
Well, a few days ago I was sitting on my couch, reading. I suddenly realized it was quiet. It shouldn't be. All of my children were home from school for break. I pulled myself out of the book and cocked one ear, straining to hear something...anything. I did. It was a giggle.....well, actually, it was a lot of giggles. I immediately tossed my book onto the couch and jogged towards the chuckling...it seemed to be coming from my bathroom. (Never a good thing, is it??) I opened the door and there, standing in the middle of the bathroom floor, were Kyle and Evan. I noticed a small, purple teacup that belonged to my daughters tea set. Inside that cup was a small pile of dark brown hair. I immediately gasped and shouted "WHAT ARE YOU DOING?!?!" Kyle placed a pair of safety scissors on the counter. "He wanted a haircut," was his genius reply. It was right then that I realized the impromptu cutting of the curls a few short weeks earlier had been divine intervention. Because, if that small pile of hair in the tea cup had been a small pile of curls, I think I would have been down one child. Evan now has a bald spot on the side of his head. I told him we would have to shave his head again and he fell to pieces. He had been studying his hair every morning for the last week, wondering if his curls had come back yet. I didn't end up buzzing him. I figure if I give it a week or two, his curls might be back enough to cover the small spot. When people ask what happened, I just tell them it was a confused seagull.
This all, of course, was after Kyle and Evan had decided to play "Vampire Baseball" in our kitchen, mowing their baby sister over as if she were the umpire, trying to stop the winning run. And that was after they had decided to rip a hole in the center of one of their mattresses. A hole that goes almost all the way to the springs (And stop rolling your eyes at me, I do actually supervise my children. I promise. You'd be amazed at how little time it takes to rip a gaping hole into the center of a mattress.)
I was glad when my older children headed back to school yesterday, because that meant I could get the younger ones back into some semblance of normal.
Needless to say, I need a vacation!! Although, oh....oh!! That reminds me. I am getting one! Not until April, but it will be well worth the wait. I am going to go meet Kellan Lutz (AKA Emmett Cullen)in Orlando at AccioCon with my sister. Are you jealous?? Yeah. You should be. So at least there is a light at the end of this super long, bald-headed, hole-filled tunnel!

8 comments:

Unknown said...

I so needed to get back to a schedule and have my kids get back on one too! They were starting to get a little cabin fever!

Have fun in April on your trip -- I am jealous :)

Betsy Hart said...

Well, LOL! I know how fast those kids can be, especially if thye are getting into trouble!

Hopefully your vacation comes soon :)

Kaci said...

You suck. I wanna go meet the Cullens. Hmrph! Just for that I hope they rip more holes in the bedding and and and...okay I'm not that jealous. LOL! And don't wish any harm on the bedding I swear. => Have fun on the vaca...better take mad pictures.

Amanda B. said...

On one hand, I am grateful for the calm, but on the other- it is a little depressing. Actually, I think it would be better if I lived in Florida. Right now it is dreary, snowing a little and just darn cold. Ugh...I am ready for spring. I totally understand how quickly things like that can happen! That is hilarious! :)

Porters said...

We need to be back on a schedule too, life was nice without all the running here and there but it slowly turns crazy if you have to much free time. Okay, yes jealous and what is AccioCon? Very sad that Robert Patterson cut his hair, he better get back the crazy hair for the next movie.Hey how far is Orlando from you? The Neelans and us are going to be in Orlando in May, it would be fun if we could get together for dinner or something. Enjoy getting back to the same old grind, I know I'm loven it! HA HA!

Jennifer said...

Baseball is my absolute favorite sport but when you add vampires it's even better! Your kids are the cutest!

Bonnie the Boss said...

I know you supervise your kids. Mine are the same way. You try but they are always one step ahead. At least you have a trip to look forward to.
I changed my blog address, so follow this comment to find me.

Mrs. Blimes said...

hee hee your kids are awesome!!! i cant wait to see them all next month!!!