Saturday, December 6, 2008

Poor, Poor Buggy =(

The other day while I was doing the dishes, Mikaily came up to me with a big grin on her face and little smudge marks all over her fingers.

She announced, "I'm gonna show you something I learned at school today!"

I smiled back, grabbed the towel, dried off my hands and turned and faced her. "Ok, let me have it!"

"I think you will want the camera," she stated. (She knows me well.)

So, I got it. (And was glad I did!)

The following is what my amazingly beautiful and brilliant daughter shared with me......

(The text over each pic is what she said as she held her hand up)

This....


Is.......


Buggy......


Buggy.......


says 'hi'........


This.......


Is.......


Buggy.......


As the car......


Goes by.......


We giggled together. She gave me a big hug and then ran off into her bedroom. I then I went back to doing the dishes. I guess it's good to know she is learning something from school, right??


(P.S. For those of you that know what trials my little Mikaily has faced, notice she is manipulating the fingers on her RIGHT hand to spell out the words, which would have been impossible for her to do a year ago!!)

19 comments:

Just me said...

I'm glad Mikaily is able to use her hand better:)

That's cute:) I guess I should loosen up on the kids writing on their hands;) Maybe if I let them use washable markers? LOL This is why I like other Mom's blogs, it gives me a new point of view:)

Amanda B. said...

That is totally cool!!!!!!! :) Yay for her!! I can only imagine how great that was to watch her do that. Very cute. :)

Bondfam said...

That is too cute!

the dragonfly said...

Too funny!

:)

dawn klinge said...

Mikaily sure has a cute smile. I love how these little hand games get passed down through the elementary schools- I remember that one from when I was young.

Jennifer said...

That was adorable! It gave me the "sugarbees" just imagining how you felt when you watched her use her RIGHT hand. It's amazing how just one cute little poem can make you realize how thankful you are for the accomplishments Mikaily has made in one year. Does she still get botox in Florida? There is only 1 pediatric physical medicine doctor in AZ so we are on a 4 month waiting list just to see her assistant!

Jennifer said...

That was adorable! It gave me the "sugarbees" just imagining what you felt like as you watched her do that cute little poem with her RIGHT hand. Mikaily, you are too cute!!!

Valarie said...

Jenn- Nope, she doesn't get botox anymore. There aren't ANY Pediatric Physical Med doctors in our area (or anywhere with in a two hour drive). Can you believe that?!?! Can you imagine how much better off she would be if we could have been getting her those injections for the last 2 years??

Betsy Hart said...

THat is AMAZING!! I don't know the story about her hand, but from what you said its truely a miricle. There is another one that goes with that:
This is his bug(open hand on bug)
His bug is dead (smash hands together and squished bug on other hand)

Unknown said...

I don't know her story either but I can assume that it was wonderful as her mom to see her do that!! She is too cute :)

Erynn Marie said...

Hey, as the one dubbed "This", I'm not sure I like this story! (At least I'm not Buggy, I suppose.)

(What's This doing?)

Mrs. Blimes said...

hee hee, your littles are so funny!

Jennifer said...

That is too cute!!! Funny the things that make them so proud!

Leah said...

CUTE! And that's awesome she's gained so much control over her right hand!

Anonymous said...

That is so cute!! She is so precious! :-)

Kaci said...

That is so funny!

Kathy said...

She is so cute and I'm glad she was able to do it with her right hand.

shannon said...

oh, she's so darling! i totally remember doing that in elementary school! good thing you had the camera!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kari said...

That's very cool. And your daughter is beautiful!