Friday, June 15, 2007

Oh, Baby!

So we are now home and adjusting to life here. Alaina was born on June 7. She weighed 7lbs. 10oz. and was 20 in. long. WE luckily dodged the jaundice thing this time. All my others have been so jaundiced they had to do the phototherapry for at least 10 days. Alaina's bili levels went up a little, and then leveled off and are on their way back down now. Wheh! She also (knock on wood) has not started spitting up. All our others had reflux and ended up medicated by the time they were 2 weeks old because they were spitting up and in pain. She is such a great baby. She is sleeping fo a 6 hour stretch at night already and spends some time during the day awake and starting and just being really cute. She is a littel piggy and is gaining weight pretty fast. Maybe she will end up being a little chunk just like Ky was.
I posted the montage of pics in the last post, so make sure you take a look. We feel really blessed to have been given such a beautiful family and I am so glad that Alaina is finally here and has completed our family.

2 comments:

shannon said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!! i have yet to watch the montage (since i am at work), but i am so excited for you guys and the new little girl. and yup, she totally looks like Kyle from the pic on Tracy's blog. so darn cute!

Michelle said...

Congrats on the new babe! Yep, I blog now. Tracy showed me how when we were in FL at Christmas. I mostly blog about homeschooling, but if the kids say something funny or we do something particularly exciting, I put that on the blog, too. I didn't know you had a blog until I found Tracy's blog and saw you in the sidebar. Rand thinks I am a goober for having a blog, but oh well.