Sunday, May 13, 2007

Never Smile at a Crocodile...or an Alligator

Wow, it's been awhile again since I last posted. I guess maybe I haven't had much to write about. All I do is sit around and think about how miserable and pregnant I am, an dI have been trying not to share the details of that with many people lately. I guess I do have a cute story I can tell.
When you move to Florida you find yourself surrounded by some interesting wildlife. Well, some interesting, some just plain scary. So everyone knows that there are alligators in Florida. Really big, really ugly, could really eat your child in one bite, alligators. It was a little amusing to me when we first moved here that I found myself checking under the car each time I got in it to make sure there wasn't one of these creepy looking reptiles under the car waiting to eat me for a snack. So the other day I was at my moms house and went out to the car with Jill and Devyn to tell them goodbye. I went to the opposite side of the car from Jill and leaned in over the carseat, that was in the middle seat, to make faces at Devyn while Jill strapped her in. I had been that way for maybe 30 seconds when, much to my horror, I felt something a little wet on my big toe. I started to react and pull myself out of the car (which took me longer than normal since I have a human being taking up residence in my uterus right now) and before I had my head out of the car I felt something bite down on my big toe. Needless to say I screamed in horror and jumped back as fast as I could. I looked down, expecting to see an 8 foot alligator charging out from under the car towards my legs. Instead, I saw a tiny, 3 inch, black tail swining back and forth. I heard the call of a male's voice and looked up to see my mom's neighbor coming towards me calling for his new puppy. That's right. This terror-inducing animal that 5 seconds early had caused me to let out a blood-curdling scream was the neighbors 3 month old puppy. Jill and I got a good laugh out of it. Hey, never in my life have I claimed to be a brave person. :)

2 comments:

Tracy B. said...

Good thing sharks can't hid under cars, or you'd never leave the house!

Kari said...

That is a funny story, but it would've made me scream too!